• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Building a stick burner

Ya I've been busy and had to put it on hold but it's back on my priority list now

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Ordering my flat stock tomorrow so hopefully I will have the doors done this weekend

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Hello everyone finally got some free time to work on it again.
Had a flange made for the stack
IMAG0295.jpg

got it welded on the stack and put on the elbow
IMAG0299.jpg

And here it is, the stack is done
IMAG0300.jpg

I made it so I can take the stack off if I have too, and it won't fit out the door :doh:

Thats funny but your solution quite novel! That is one-hell-of-a-tall-stack; you should go ahead and add the hardware to fly a flag at the top!:laugh:
I made it so I can take the stack off if I have too, and it won't fit out the door :doh:

Hello everyone how's yours thursday going.
Got the flat stock on the doors for the cook chamber last night, going to finish the fire box door and design a hinge the doors tonight. Does anyone know of a good thread on here on hinges, or anyone have any pics on the hinges on your smokers having a hard time thinking of one.
IMAG0302.jpg

Any idea what your finished cost are going to be? Are you doing the build to save money or just cuz it's fun?

Mine look like door hinges but they are made to weld on... no holes... I purchased mine at Tractor Supply.. They were about 3 bucks a piece and do the job very well

Last edited:
Troy I'm doing this to save money but that's not going as planed lol. And thanks for the hinge pictures pappy and down home que two great examples of what I was trying to think of

Now one more question for you guys before I go to work. What kind of latches are you guys using I want to get my doors as tightly down as possible

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/DE-STA-CO-323-Action-Threaded-U-Bolt/dp/B0006NC612/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1366920702&sr=8-11&keywords=HOLD+DOWN+LATCHES"]DE-STA-CO 323 Pull Action Latch Clamp with Threaded U-Bolt: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific[/ame]

These are just like the ones i used.. do the job well.. also use on the Firebox.. never gets hot..

Down home que that's the latch I was thinking of. Are they stainless or aluminum, I just don't want them rusting

Back