• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New comp trailer

nice job! do you happen to know if there is a weight limit on the beds?....i`m no lightweight but would love to have one of those in my trailer. Also what is the whiteboard on the sides called, and where do i find it....Cheers

Great job on the trailer guys, I have this thread saved for when we pull the trigger on our comp trailer. Can you tell me where you got the screen? And is it the kind that has little magnets running down the center? Thanks!
I bought the screen at Home Depot it called pet screen very heavy duty and used 2" indusrial adhesive velcro folded around the edges and in the center.. I bought one of those as seen on tv magnet screen door POS's total junk ...lol

Last edited:
nice job! do you happen to know if there is a weight limit on the beds?....i`m no lightweight but would love to have one of those in my trailer. Also what is the whiteboard on the sides called, and where do i find it....Cheers
the weight limit on the beds are 300lbs per bunk with 3/8 plywood the liftco said they could be beefed up with 3/4 inch plywood... they did a collaspe test and it took 1300lbs to collaspe these beds ... I was debating the 3/4 inch plywood as I'm close to 280 but the 3/8 is fine... and its a good excuse to lose alittle lol

The White board is called FRB( Fiberglass renforced board) also at Home Depot... We had enough left over we put it smooth side out on the bottom of the beds and now its our time line white board!!!!

The White board is called FRB( Fiberglass renforced board) also at Home Depot... We had enough left over we put it smooth side out on the bottom of the beds and now its our time line white board!!!!

I have to bookmark this thread now. Pure genius using the FRP as a whiteboard.

We put the extra support on the bottom bunk because we put piece of roll stock between the 2 middle ones and that is where we store our disposable cutting boards... Could never find convienent place to store that awkward shaped box..

Attachments

• IMG_20130422_163151_297.jpg
    IMG_20130422_163151_297.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Well done boys! I want to compliment you on the entire project. I don't have the funds to outfit a trailer like some on here do, so I was planning on doing it myself. After seeing your progress, I know it can be done on a budget, and make it look great. Thanks for a great, informative post!!!

Many thanks everyone for the all the kudos ... and best of luck this season!!!

Back