Duck!

Nice, that looks terrific. All that ducky fat

Have you scheduled your angioplasty?

Never have BBQ Duck before it is so fatty I have always cooked in inside a deep pan completely covered in 25 pounds of rock salt @ 500 Degrees for an hour. Sounds weird I know but the rock salt renders and draws all the fat away from the meat and no it doesn't taste salty.

That Does look good, how did it taste and how about the fat?

I have always wanted to try duck.... It's on my bucket list but I'm afraid I will ruin it.....
Yours looks awesome:clap:!

icon_ducking.gif

:becky:

I love duck. That looks good!

I've cooked half a dozen ducks on my Egg. They've gotten to be our holiday favorite. Usually use the "chicken sitter". Can cook two lying on the rack on the Adjustable Rig.

Thanks everyone.
That duck pate' was so good I'm afraid I will turn to a life of crime to ""feed my new habbit.
:biggrin1:

Never have BBQ Duck before it is so fatty I have always cooked in inside a deep pan completely covered in 25 pounds of rock salt @ 500 Degrees for an hour. Sounds weird I know but the rock salt renders and draws all the fat away from the meat and no it doesn't taste salty.

That Does look good, how did it taste and how about the fat?

Another way to do duck in the oven is use a roasting pan, but put the duck on a roasting rack, and angle the carcass, so the fat flows down into the pan.

No salt needed.

Back