• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Speaking of charcoal....

Manana

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I generally use royal oak lump. I went to walmart because I was out and it seems they were out too so I got Best of the West Oak lump. I became suspicious when it was putting off lots of really blue smoke even though it was burning well. I put it in the akorn and grilled up some steaks and they had an off flavor from the charcoal. I just used a little seasoned salt on them like I always do. The weird thing is that I read reviews on this charcoal and people say they like it. Did I get a bad bag? What could've happened to it to cause this?

I generally use royal oak lump. I went to walmart because I was out and it seems they were out too so I got Best of the West Oak lump. I became suspicious when it was putting off lots of really blue smoke even though it was burning well. I put it in the akorn and grilled up some steaks and they had an off flavor from the charcoal. I just used a little seasoned salt on them like I always do. The weird thing is that I read reviews on this charcoal and people say they like it. Did I get a bad bag? What could've happened to it to cause this?

I tried Best of the West one time.

It was not

never again

I bought a bag, just to try oak lump, and I didn't have any problems with it. I haven't bought anymore, only because I didn't notice a difference between it and the local mesquite lump. Plus the mesquite lump is cheaper.

Matt

I generally use royal oak lump. I went to walmart because I was out and it seems they were out too so I got Best of the West Oak lump.

The next time you can't find RO, stop at your local Publix and try a bag of their GreenWise lump charcoal.
It seemed to be pretty good when I've used it and reasonably priced also.

That stuff SUUUUUCKS!!!!

I stay clear.

I used it again tonight and again had no problem with it. Might just be my lucky bag.

Back