The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 04-05-2013, 10:25 PM   #16
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 1

I was at Sam's Club today and the 2x20# KBB was $17.98. So that every day low price hasn't shown up there yet.

I still have a fair amount from last years sales, but will stock up again this year if the price is right.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the BBQ Brethren Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club member
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #17
wormraper
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

if this is the new every day price I can only imagine what the memorial day sales will be like
wormraper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #18
Gulf Coast Blue
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superlazy View Post
I'm worried about the ammo wars!!!!
I was offered a trade of a larger amount .40 for 7.62
Nope
I can make my own charcoal.
You can make your own ammo too.......

Unread 04-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #19
CarolinaQue
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
That would be genious timing for HD to put it on "sale" before switching over to the everyday price. There are some fools on a separate thread that is four pages long that bulk purchased at the n"ew regular price".. Oh wait... I was one of those fools lol!

I love Lowe's and Mine even has stuff in korean language haha. Love KB too. I can get HEB brand coal at a lower price, but it's made in Mexico, rather buy American.

HD really doesn't have to switch over to the EDLP slogan. It has been proven that the world "SALE" drives people in the doors no matter what the price and they have the dollars in sales over Lowe's to back it up.

Comparing HD's #'s to Lowe's #'s is proof enough as to who is the king of the hill.

[COLOR=darkred]“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.”[/COLOR] - Mark Twain

- Beautiful family
- Home made trailer mounted reverse flow offset w/ vertical chamber, Weber OTG and an ECB
CarolinaQue is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #20
Gulf Coast Blue
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
I was at Sam's Club today and the 2x20# KBB was $17.98. So that every day low price hasn't shown up there yet.

I still have a fair amount from last years sales, but will stock up again this year if the price is right.
Sam's recently moved their Galveston County store from Texas City to La Marque a few weeks ago. My mother was determined to go to their opening and was not comfortable going alone. Of course, she cajoled me into taking her (only a 50 mile trip to pick her up....10 miles to the "New" Sam's".....10 miles back to her house....and 50 miles back home.

We saw the same KBB for $17.98 and she offered to buy me a package......I told her that the early April sales would be coming and I have enough to make it until then....and if she really wanted to pay me back, we could get something from the meat department.

We spent two hours walking every inch of the new store so she could get a feel for it....(she is 81, so it is good for her)....and when we got to the meat department I selected some ribs to replace the charcoal she offered to buy......she told me....."you know I don't like ribs".......wtf

Needless to say....we got the cat litter she wanted, and some stuff from the Pharmacy....

Gotta love little old ladies.....

Joel

Unread 04-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

I see the Regular price went back up at Lowes. That was just their way to not have to honor the Home Depot price and beat it by 10 %.

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #22
chicagokp
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineMaster View Post
I see the Regular price went back up at Lowes. That was just their way to not have to honor the Home Depot price and beat it by 10 %.
sneaky farkers...

White Lightning Thermopen
chicagokp is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #23
mbshop
Babbling Farker

last time i looked my lowes they had a sale sign up. regular price and sale price listed.

Unread 04-13-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
Hcs
Knows what a fatty is.

Don't know which lowes that was but at the north Richmond store its 19.88 for 2 20's. Must have been the black Friday add before Easter!

Unread 04-13-2013, 11:35 PM   #25
mbshop
Babbling Farker

yep, price went back up again to $19.88.