Cajun Bandit review / issue

evilive69

Found some matches.
Reaction score
After having the Cajun Bandit for a little over a year I figured it was time to post my thoughts on it.
I like it a lot. It is a very well made piece of equipment. For someone with a Weber Kettle that wants to have a grill and smoker I would highly recommend it. You get the best of both worlds without breaking the bank. I have run it with water in the pan, empty foiled water pan but lately I don't use the pan or any kind of heat deflector at all.

My only issue with it is how it seals to the kettle bottom. I run an IQ110 and it took quite a while to dial it in to where I can maintain a steady temperature. Even once I had it dialed in I would still get hot spikes, it was a pain to regulate. I finally realized that was too much air is getting in between the bottom kettle half and the Cajun Bandit. After looking at Lowes, Home Depot and Ace Hardware for some type of gasket it finally hit...metal tape. The same kind you use to cover the holes when you add a temperature controller. I had a bunch left over so today I sealed it up. The smoker has maintained 235 degress for over 3 hours now. Needless to say I am thrilled, but will be on the hunt for a more permanent solution.

Back