The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 02-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #91
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
-24C, where did you put your smoker, inside or outside.
In Beijing we reached to -17 a few days. Now Beijing is -2C to 7 C.
I was planning to make pizza, but sky is foggy again, heavy pollution.
I have to give up my pizza
I had it outside by the side of the buliding and put it inside of Puma shoebox like this:

You can see the holes on the box that I used to for the probes and AC plug.

Quote:
Also my AC/DC adapter is big enough, you can use it to power your Maverick at same time.
Can you do soldering on your Maverick
I would probably pass on that, I dont want to mess with my Maverick and dont trust my soldering skills enough to do it. I dont usually cook in the snow but I made an exception since my entire family was there.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #92
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
I sent a few weeks ago.
the Florida buyer had received on Jan.26, which I sent the same day as yours
Finally got it! The box had been torn open. Everything seemed to be there, but there were no clips for the probes. Do you know if you had included them? I think it had been delivered to the wrong address here, and someone opened it before dropping it off in my mailbox..
pixcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #93
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I will send you a few clips. It is really strange. If it took so long time, it must go different places
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #94
rajewest
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I am new to the Bretheren, and have enjoyed reading all of your post, After much consideration have just ordered the dog package and am looking forward to trying it out
rajewest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:18 PM   #95
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajewest View Post
I am new to the Bretheren, and have enjoyed reading all of your post, After much consideration have just ordered the dog package and am looking forward to trying it out
I sent it via HongKong. You shall receive in 7 to 14 days.
Please note 50 CFM fan is really stronger. It is great help to start a fire in your smoker.
If it is too big to blow ash around for low&slow smoking, you can simply set parameter of Hdc as 40, 50, 60 ect. Just try different data and find the best for your very own smoker.

Last edited by woodpelletsmoker; 03-16-2013 at 02:37 AM..
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:57 PM   #96
rajewest

Received Dog package today, 15 days from order, will be installing this week and lokking forward to trying it out.
Unread 04-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #97
willbird
Full Fledged Farker

I found this thread from a link in another thread. Very interesting controller, lots of features with $1 change back from a $100 bill :-).

Speaking of the small ceramic grill, Alton Brown did a segment where he used a flower pot and a hot plate.

I'm not sure if it would take charcoal heat or not, similar to this........

http://wiki.colar.net/flower_pot_bbq_smoker
willbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #98
rajewest

Just built a new UDS and have it controlled by the Golden Dog with 50 CFM FAN, only changes made to default program is that I have set the UDC (fan max to 70 (35 cfm)). Currently have a 8lb turkey breast on. Will be doing Boston Butts after turkey gets done. Controller is working great, Although UDS will maintain Temp consistent on it's own, the controller will give me a piece of mind letting the UDS go all night without worrying about temp falling or spiking.
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #99
rajewest

It has been several days since my last cook using the golden dog controller on a UDS. As I stated in my earlier post, I did a turkey breast and the controller worked great. After taking off the turkey, two Butts went on, and turned out great, The controller worked as expected, temp swing +/- 10 degrees in a new drum, overall I am impressed with the operation of the unit. I want to thank everyone on the forum for all of your comments about the products that WPS has to offer, I would recommend that anyone looking for a controller to give his a try.
Unread 04-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #100
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajewest View Post
It has been several days since my last cook using the golden dog controller on a UDS. As I stated in my earlier post, I did a turkey breast and the controller worked great. After taking off the turkey, two Butts went on, and turned out great, The controller worked as expected, temp swing +/- 10 degrees in a new drum, overall I am impressed with the operation of the unit. I want to thank everyone on the forum for all of your comments about the products that WPS has to offer, I would recommend that anyone looking for a controller to give his a try.
Happy to hear.
You can fine tune parameters of P,I,D, which is a trial and error process.
You can keep temp. swing under +/- 2F.
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #101
rajewest

Have completed two more cooks using the controller on UDS, First cook was four chicken halves, controller worked great, set controller and let it go. Second cook last night was two butts. Controller with 50CFM Fan, programmed as follows, target temp 240 (to allow for temp swing) fan speed set at 60%. I let the drum get up to 235 on it own, then powered on controller in Auto, temp stabilized at 240, temp swing +/- 2 degrees. Put Butts on and never worried, maximum hi temp swing ever noticed +12 for about 2 minutes, and max low swing noticed -10 degrees. I have not changed PID settings and could not be happier. Once again thanks to all.
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #102
Helliko
Got rid of the matchlight.

Has anyone tried this with a mini WSM? I'm fairly new to smoking and just built a mini (which I love) and thinking about getting a temperature controller. I am very intrigued by the Golden Dog. Will the one labeled "Flange C for Offset" fit in one of the weber smokey joe gold air intake holes or do I need the one called "Flange D for Weber series" ?
Helliko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #103
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

You need flange D