The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 03-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #16
DubfromGA
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

A gas grill has its place, for sure.

Very fast to temp, early morning breakfast cooks are good.

Thanks from:--->
Unread 03-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #17
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

FWIW, I have a 12 or 13 year old Genesis (Silver A - two burner) that is the perfect accessory to my charcoal grills and smokers. I have a CI grate that I really like and have replaced the old steel flavorizers with SS flavorizers that should last forever.

I'm sure you should be happy with the S-330 for a long time.

Unread 03-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #18
samfsu
Full Fledged Farker

I have a Genesis Silver B that I've had for 8 years. Replaces the grates and flavorizer bars once (Weber replaced them actually) and the grill still cooks awesome. I have the weber griddle too and it is nice but the issue that I have had is that if you leave it on the grill it will rust, even if you season it well. Might also be because I am in south florida where the humidity is really high :)

Unread 03-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #19
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

I started out with a used Weber Jr. moved on to a 1000, Silver B and then a Silver C. Pretty much craigslist steals that just needed a good cleaning. Depending on how well you maintain them, keep them covered or under cover and not left out in the elements they are some of the easiest grills to maintain and 99% of the parts are easily available. 2 wing nuts are all you remove to replace the burner tubes should they need replacing.

I end up using the Q200 more than the Genesis these days.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #20
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyote View Post
Well I pulled the trigger on the Weber.

I know my wife will like it and I've learned from experience that if I take too long to make a decision I might miss the opportunity.

I ordered it with a griddle and rotisserie. Looking forward to playing with it even if it is gas .

Don't worry man, I think it will do everything you hoped for. I love mine. I have the griddle and the rotisserie. Now you can make a proper Racooner too.

Jason

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

XL
Big Green Egg
, 22.5 Weber OTS, WSJ
Gold/Mini WSM, 18" & 22" WSM, UDS "No.8"
Flyers Orange Thermapen
Napkin Killers BBQ
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #21
PaPaQ
is One Chatty Farker

We bought the S-310 about a year ago and don't regret it. FYI- The wife did find something out the hardway, it does not have the cross over tubes so you have to hit the igniter every time you turn a burner on . Next time she might listen to me.
Qube'd Box
PaPaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #22
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
I think you made the right decision: always get the one your wife wants.

I almost had a tractor once. I spent too much time looking and not enough time acting. That opportunity passed by .

These opportunities come up from time to time and I now call them "tractor moments". I rarely miss them anymore.

That said my wife has caught on to my new quick draw approach and is more careful with her agreements so I really need to jump when they come up.

I'm now working on a new boat. That will be harder.

CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #23
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 4

Congrats on the Weber.

That tractor has traveled a lot of miles in your head hasn't it?
Yoder Smokers YS1500, Kamado Joe BigJoe & Joe Jr., Yoder Smokers 24" Firepit, Weber: 18.5" OT (L), SJG (AU) & (DI) - Past Cookers: Yoder Smokers YS640 Comp Cart, Kamado Joe Classic, OKJoe's Longhorn, UDS, Weber: Performer(AA), Genesis Gold C(DH), 22.5" OTG(DI), 22.5" OT (L), Traeger Junior, ECB

Runner-up in the 2014 BBQ Brethren Beard Tussle . My Son won the 2014 "peach fuzz" category
IMBAS Certified MOINK Baller
nucornhusker is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #24
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucornhusker View Post
Congrats on the Weber.

That tractor has traveled a lot of miles in your head hasn't it?
Yes I might have mentioned that once or twice before.

CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote