The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 03-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #16
jmoney7269
Banned

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

If you can get small briskets like that again, and if you like them pulled like that, you'll love this. Smoke em till 160 internal, the. Throw it In a crockpot and pour a small bottle of pace medium picante over it, cook on high till it pulls, usually around 6 more hrs. Freakin awesome! One of my favorite meals, the picante gravy is out of this world on some Alton brown mashed potatoes. Rich and creamy, oh lord I know what I'm Cookin for dinner tomorrow.

Add bout 2 cups of beef broth and some chopped onions To the picante for extra gravy (different cook)

Leftovers, yum smoky beefy pulled brisket and fantabulous gravy

And that's what I do with small on sale briskets.
jmoney7269 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 03-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #17
frognot
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankB View Post
Never waste a piece of meat. Make chili or beef stew or something like that.
I've been freezing left over chunks of meat, brisket, steak, etc. and cubing them up & adding to my chili, which is usually made using ground venison. It adds a li'l extra taste & texture & have been real pleased with the results.

Had about a pound of leftover tri-tip & added it to my last batch of chili & it was mighty tasty!

Retired: NB Bandera (2003-2009) that introduced me to y'all crazy farkers

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it."
deguerre

Thanks to N8man & NorthwestBBQ for the custom avatars!

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") "Hang in there Dan Chambers!"
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:08 AM   #18
jgdusc
Got Wood.

Sorry for being absent guys. Out of town at trade show.

Landarc - by undercooked you mean to low of a temp? or I should have left in on longer? Just want to be clear about my next endeavor. BTW, please feel free to hijack any of my threads. It was understood that title begs for a little ...

I thought about just letting it go longer in oven to see what would happed, but I had tipped a few and was heading down hill fast. I couldn't see it getting any better.

I thought about increasing the temp on the next one. I just wanted to make sure it got plenty of smoke time. Whats the best temp?

So increasing the temp and not wrapping? Or putting in a pan to "braise" and little? Just not sure if you supposed to cover the pan or leave open.

I did enjoy the brisket even though I was pretty sure it was overcooked. I like it like that. There is a BBQ place here in town that serves it shredded like that and I love it. I have been putting on a little tortillia with some sour cream, fresh lime, and salsa. Freakin good.

Jmoney - that stuff looks great. Will defintely give it a try. I have one more left in the freezer.

Thanks for helping learn!