24"x52" reverse flow smoker with squared off doors by TQ and Tyler

I like your build, can you please tell me more details on the doors? It looks like they have a seal or seam on the edge of the door? How did you make that seal? also how did you seal the side where the hinges are? thanks

At this time I have no kind of seal at all, the doors are framed out of 1x1x3/16 angel iron and a 3/16 plate is fit in the frame. It makes a tight seal it was clamped tight before Tacking. The cooker has a subframe made of 1"1/4 X 3/16 angel iron. I may add some insulation trim later just depends on how I like it. With heat and smoke rising and the stack when welded on open most is going in the path of least resistence and that is out the stack in my opinion

DownHomeQue Nice job on your build brother!!!!!

ok so you just framed out both the door and the cooker so the angel iron buts flush to each other when you close the door its tight? Now I get it. thanks for the info

No problem at all... Isn't it all about people helping people who love cookers and cooking. I was not born into this world knowing dittley squat
Many many people have helped me!!!!!!

This post will be continued really soon i had to go back to my regular job at the refinery and Tyler is busy doing ornamental fence work. Me and the new owner have decided it would be better to make a small custom trailer for the cooker, prolly with a removable tongue. I built the bottom grate tonight but when you have to get up at 3:00am to go to the refinery to work you are kinda pooped at the end of the day. But I love those 4 days on 4 off

If I am ever fortunate enough to be able to afford something like this I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going to be looking up. That is awesome build.

Savin up butter and egg money for gas to pull my old cooker to Tuscaloosa for a makeover!!!:clap2:

Savin up butter and egg money for gas to pull my old cooker to Tuscaloosa for a makeover!!!:clap2:

You are welcome anytime Hoss....You make me laugh way to loud!!!!!

Wyley Thanks for the nice compliments it is an honor to here those kind of remarks
And i can hook you up!!!!!!

Slam latches and fire rope would be over the top on those doors

Might just consider that, although the doors shut very tight being they fit into a sub frame. I do not think I will need any fire rope, but if I do give me a link to a good supplier for the rope and slam latches. I am always trying to step it up a knotch and like and appreciate peoples input, never offends me at all that is the way you take it to the next level!!!!!!!

Well I am back on the cooker

laying out stack cut

005-7.jpg

stack in

016-2.jpg

grates in this design allows for a lot of volume

010-7.jpg

013-2.jpg

firebox door on

011-3.jpg

can you eat flowering cabbage???? I got some big uns

002-8.jpg

More pics will be coming soon thanks for looking

Looking good Paul. I enjoyed listening to you on last nights Smoke Builder radio show.
You provide lots of great info and insight about pit building.

Clover Ridge Smokers
Minnesota

That looks great. My only concern is that it's not big enough to fit a rack of spares on it :p

Looking good Paul. I enjoyed listening to you on last nights Smoke Builder radio show.
You provide lots of great info and insight about pit building.

Clover Ridge Smokers
Minnesota

Yea I had a blast last night on the radio, everyone is giving me a hard time about my southern drawl, I just could not here it. But thank you!!!!

morgaj1 you might get a rack on it if you try hard!!!!!!

Thanks for the posts. This is EXACTLY what I was wanting to do on my current build, but wasn't sure how to go about it.

Back