Can someone explain digital temp controler to me?

I'm just going to say it, and then duck as y'all start throwing chicken and rib bones at me.......but a BBQ grill should not have electronics of any kind coming from it or going into it.........(ducks and runs).

Your a purist obviously, and some are not, like me. My opinion on this is simply "work smarter not harder" and if you dont wanna, then don't, it's your choice. I for one love loading my charcoal pits once and doing all the cooking which has yielded us many trophies. I see guys all the time bringing in truck beds full of wood and I do a whole comp on one 20 lb bag of lump and some wood chunks with 2 cookers. I got some good advise from Harvey Gebhard a while back and he told me that the more you win with your easy laid back style of cooking, the more people are gonna fuss and push your buttons, call you a cheater but at the same time try to shigg all they can. But just smile when they are in the back of the crowd when your walkin up to get your prize money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your a purist obviously, and some are not, like me. My opinion on this is simply "work smarter not harder" and if you dont wanna, then don't, it's your choice. I for one love loading my charcoal pits once and doing all the cooking which has yielded us many trophies. I see guys all the time bringing in truck beds full of wood and I do a whole comp on one 20 lb bag of lump and some wood chunks with 2 cookers. I got some good advise from Harvey Gebhard a while back and he told me that the more you win with your easy laid back style of cooking, the more people are gonna fuss and push your buttons, call you a cheater but at the same time try to shigg all they can. But just smile when they are in the back of the crowd when your walkin up to get your prize money.

Smarter, more efficient, less work.....yes. Absolutely. It just cracks me up some of the outfits I see that look more like bombs and spaceships than bbq pits....:p

thats why I just bought an offset.

So I can work at keep the pit going, its a ton of fun I am finding out

but I will still use my ATC smoker, for those times I dont have time to babysit it and still want bbq.

Like when I am at my cabin spending the day snowmobiling or salmon fishing.

I set it up, take off, come home to perfectly cooked bbq.

And some suds!!!

They act like fluffer on a p0rn0 movie set. Just enough windy to keep the fire hot :cool:

:clap::clap::clap:

Too dog-gone funny! Never in a million years would I have guessed that for a "laymens" term.

wallace

P.I.D. is a well accepted and used automatic control theory.
It is used in many areas in addition to temperature control.
There are different PID math for different applications.
Some Posts are simply misleading about PID

Back