The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 02-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynfulsmokersbbq View Post
This is a great thread. Thanks to all that are participating.

I created my facebook page a few years ago after taking a class.
Cynful Smokers-bbq

One thing we were told in the class (and this may have changed over the last couple of years) is that you want to create your business facebook page as if it were a person. Supposedly you can do a lot more with it, rather than just having people "like" your page.
We invite people to "events" we participate in "chats" and can reply to posts on people's "Walls"

Like I said this may have all changed since I created my page...
Yeah, that is correct. I tried to "like" your page from mine and couldn't. I'm very limited on what I can do from my page. You've got a cool page BTW.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
Motley Q
On the road to being a farker

[QUOTE=Bamabuzzard;2374736]According to my IT dude it is secure. In the "checkout" function, there is a locked pad image and "https" that appears in the address bar indicating secure.

I've contacted godaddy.com and it is secure and security certificate is valid and working.[/QUOT

Last edited by Motley Q; 02-21-2013 at 05:27 PM..
Motley Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2013, 04:33 PM   #18
Bamabuzzard
is One Chatty Farker

[quote=Motley Q;2377590]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
According to my IT dude it is secure. In the "checkout" function, there is a locked pad image and "https" that appears in the address bar indicating secure.

I've contacted godaddy.com and it is secure and security certificate is valid and working.[/QUOT

Neither the http symbol or the locked padlock appeared when I was on your site 2 times.

Both symbols appear today

If its secure, then great, and continued success.
That's odd because an administrator from this site ("Ron_L") tested it the same day you did and it was secure for him. I also tested it myself with a mock transaction and they were there. So again, I think the problem was with your browser, not my site. Thanks.

www.doubledsbbq.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Double...12864168786570
Stumps Baby Gravity Feed Smoker
Backwoods Patio Unit
Char Griller Offset for grilling
Bamabuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #19
Kenny Rogers
Full Fledged Farker

We are getting started in the business too. AND we just got married a couple of years ago.
Wedding catering seems to be the cream of the crop jobs, people don't mind paying for GOOD food, and you can set your number of people, unlike festivals.

What I know about marketing for wedding catering is this:
Most large venues have their preferred vendors that they refer their clients to, and most clients don't know who they want until their venue coordinator tells them. Make some great relationships at the large wedding venues around your town, and send them gifts OFTEN! Cater lunch for their staff on an off day here and there...

Wedding fairs are the place to be. Brides and Grooms are out shopping for people that can provide your services, put your best foot out there, and reel 'em in!

As someone else mentioned... networking is the key to ALL of this! Rotary, Shriners, Elk, Moose, Church... get your name and your product out there to the masses, especially to the influential people you'll find at these places!
[COLOR=darkgreen][B]Large BGE[/B][/COLOR], PITMAKER SNIPER, PITMAKER VAULT, and PITMAKER TRAILER, 22.5 WSM, Charbroil offset. We DO CATERING
Kenny Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #20
smolderingbbq
Got Wood.

Great stuff guys! There are lots of BBQ places in SC, just not where I live. The few we have are pretty bad so I figured I could make some noise. This is all wonderful information and I really like the golf course Idea. Thanks!
smolderingbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #21
FLAQUE

Great thread. It will be helpful to me in the near future.

Unread 02-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #22
smolderingbbq
Got Wood.

@Cynful Smokers-bbq
I went and "liked" your page as myself not my business. I REALLY want one of those vertical barrel smokers on your page, btw!

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-24-2013, 06:06 PM   #23
cynfulsmokersbbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
Yeah, that is correct. I tried to "like" your page from mine and couldn't. I'm very limited on what I can do from my page. You've got a cool page BTW.

Thank You.. Be sure to friend me if you find a way! I'm working on the website, but we are trying to do it ourselves so it is a learning process.
I guess that is another avenue people would have opinions on. I have a BBQ buddy that has his website professionally done, but truthfully it isn't updated anymore than mine.

www.cynfulsmokersbbq.com
cynfulsmokersbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #24
cynfulsmokersbbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolderingbbq View Post
@Cynful Smokers-bbq
I went and "liked" your page as myself not my business. I REALLY want one of those vertical barrel smokers on your page, btw!

I got that down in Kansas City. Honestly we use it for chicken, b/c it cooks real well, high and hot, and when done and it's cooled we will place it out in front of the vending cookers b/c it gives us some instant advertising.
cynfulsmokersbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #25
smolderingbbq
Got Wood.

cool gotcha. I was going to try to buy one if you built them lol!