The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
MASON-DIXON BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default The Go Naked BBQ Show(down) 2013

Hi BBQ'rs....

We're doing it again and this time IT'S MORE NAKED!

First the details:
THE GO NAKED BBQ SHOW(down)
April 6, 2013
Greencastle, PA 17225
www.gonakedbbq.com

For the past three years we've been having fun at Go Naked and we are looking to have more fun this year! The basic idea behind this one day, ribs and chicken Comp is that we don't allow electric gadgets - no Gurus (sorry Bob, love and sell lots of them, but...), no pellets, no rotisseries...you get the idea!

And how do we make it more Naked???? For 2013, NO SAUCE! How's that for a challenge of your Pitmastery?

As usual only $100 to get into Go Naked and we pay cash and trophies for GC, RGC, and top 5 in both categories! Judging to be organized by our friends at MABA.

You can get all the info you need, including rules, apps, awards, etc. at www.gonakedbbq.com!

OH YEAH...DIVA Q will be teaching a Comp Class on April 5 - the day before Go Naked! Come in on Friday and compete on Saturday...it's a win-win!

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Purveyor of Fine Smokin' Machines[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL="http://www.mdbbqservices.com"][FONT=Tahoma]www.mdbbqservices.com[/FONT][/URL][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][I]MEADOW CREEK - [/I][/FONT][I][FONT=Tahoma]BACKWOODS - [/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma]GREEN MOUNTAIN GRILL[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Tahoma]FEC - [/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma]MEMPHIS GRILL - [/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma]BIG GREEN EGG - [/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma]WEBER[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Tahoma]......too many choices[/FONT][/I]
MASON-DIXON BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
Big Ugly's BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice one Eric!! May have to take a ride out, see Diva, and check out the digs.....

Backwoods Competitor, 2x Big Poppa Smokers UDS, WSM, MC BBQ-60
Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, Grizzly Coolers, The Ingredients Store (FAB), Yoder Smokers, Big Poppa Smokers (Elite Team), BBQ Bobís Havín a BBQ and Galvinells Meats
Big Ugly's BBQ is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-13-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
MASON-DIXON BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks Chris!

You guys are People's Choice defending champions! Would be great to have you guys in again this year!

[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Purveyor of Fine Smokin' Machines[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][URL="http://www.mdbbqservices.com"][FONT=Tahoma]www.mdbbqservices.com[/FONT][/URL][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Tahoma][I]MEADOW CREEK - [/I][/FONT][I][FONT=Tahoma]BACKWOODS - [/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma]GREEN MOUNTAIN GRILL[/FONT][/I]
[I][FONT=Tahoma]FEC - [/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma]MEMPHIS GRILL - [/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma]BIG GREEN EGG - [/FONT][/I][I][FONT=Tahoma]WEBER[/FONT][/I]

Unread 02-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #4
Smokin' Gnome BBQ
is One Chatty Farker

last year was a good time, any idea of the team number cut off?

Unread 02-17-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
K-Train
is one Smokin' Farker

Thinking about doing this one. May have to leave the train at home and go with a stripped down team.
WSM 22.5
K-Train is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
markG
Knows what a fatty is.

Sent in the app and check for the Checkered Flag 500 BBQ this week. Good warmup for Salisbury!
Mark@CheckeredFlag500BBQ.com
KCBS, MABA Smokin on the Meadow Creek CD-108

Thanks to our sponsors, 3 Eyz BBQ, The Ingredient Store, The BBQ Guru and Spitjack
markG is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-18-2013, 02:48 PM   #7
MASON-DIXON BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markG View Post
Sent in the app and check for the Checkered Flag 500 BBQ this week. Good warmup for Salisbury!

Got it Mark! Thanks. See you soon!

Unread 02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #8
MASON-DIXON BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
Thinking about doing this one. May have to leave the train at home and go with a stripped down team.
Hey Keith....you're always welcome! Train or not!

Unread 02-18-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
MASON-DIXON BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin' Gnome BBQ View Post
last year was a good time, any idea of the team number cut off?
We'll take 30 teams....am up to 10 already!

Unread 02-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #10
bwsy2k
On the road to being a farker

Sounds like a really cool event
bwsy2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
K-Train
is one Smokin' Farker

Do most people come in Friday night or Sat morning?
WSM 22.5

Unread 02-19-2013, 08:03 AM   #12
HawgNationBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Iím trying to rearrange prior plans I had on the 6th. Depending on how that goes, Iíd like to give this a try. I consistently hear nothing ďbuttĒ good things about the event.
-- Backwoods Competitor
-- Ugly Drum Smoker
-- XL BGE

HAWG Nation on Twitter: @HawgNationBBQ

www.TheBestMeatRub.com
HawgNationBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #13
MASON-DIXON BBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Train View Post
Do most people come in Friday night or Sat morning?
Most come in on Friday evening, but some come in Sat a.m. Our first winner in 2011 - PHILLY UNDERHOGS - didn't arrive until 10:00a and won 1st in Ribs AND 1st in Chicken.

AND they forgot 1/2 their stuff and bought stuff in the store.....WooHoo!

AND they did it on a UDS!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Open House 2011 (40).JPG (126.3 KB, 217 views)

Unread 02-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #14
K-Train
is one Smokin' Farker

Can't seem to find the time line on the site? Usual KCBS? Chicken 12 Ribs 12:30?
WSM 22.5

Unread 02-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #15
Dan - 3eyzbbq
is one Smokin' Farker

Thats impressive. But not sure why you would need the 5hr energy with that timeline. Perhaps it was in their wrapping liquid?

Extreme BBQ Trailer, Backwoods Competitor, Backwoods Party, WSM, Traegar 124, Yoder YS640
Thanks to our sponsors: The BBQ Guru, Grizzly Coolers, The Ingredients Store (FAB), Yoder Smokers, Big Poppa Smokers (Elite Team), BBQ Bobís Havín a BBQ and Galvinells Meats
Dan - 3eyzbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
go naked, greencastle, MABA, no electric, no sauce