The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
Yendor
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
I am chinese in Beijing,China
I have a penpal since 1996 in twin cities
She tells me that twin cities do not like BBQ
Seems she is wrong
This is how horrible BBQ is in MN, "The 33rd Annual American Royal World Series of Barbecue Open contest concluded Sunday with Minnesota's Shiggin & Grinnin (Derek Schansberg, Jeff Vanderlinde and Ted Moonen) besting a record field of 544 other teams to take home the title of Grand Champion and the $12,500 check."

http://www.pitch.com/fatcity/archive...-barbecue-open

Unread 02-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #17
Grain Belt
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokgineer View Post
I stick to the Burnsville Costco and STP Rest Depot. Someone recently told me about a place in STP called Morreli's for meat. It's an Italian deli too and supposedly has great prices on liquor to boot. Has anyone been there? http://www.morellismarket.com/Morellis_Interior.html

Morelli's is the real deal. I am from up north but when I visit the Twin Cities I always swing by Morelli's. There meat is good stuff and really reasonably priced. I actually go there for the booze. They have 6-10 brands of each style of liquour and are dirt cheap. I recently picked up a 1.75 of Jim Beam Black for $25. It is usually in the high $30's up where I live. I do not recommend going at rush hour times towards the weekend though. It gets busy. Almost forgot to add; they don't take credit cards so bring some cash.
Grain Belt is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #18
Smokgineer
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I forgot all about Nelson's. I grew up near there and haven't been there in years. I'll have to make the drive for old times sake. Plus, it is just up the road from Quetopia so it is a double bonus.

Thanks for the comment on Morreli's. I'll have to make sure I check it out now.
Smokgineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #19
plowin-fire
Full Fledged Farker

I have bought a few things from Grundhofers Meats in Hugo. Pricing is good and have a good selection. The gummy bear brats are the best there... Otherwise we go to costco when we visit for most of the purchases.