The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #16
kds9547
Take a breath!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I too put the grommets in my WSM and try to keep the probes from getting kinked. I do not roll my probes up after use - I hang them over a peg and that way I dont have to unroll them every time I cook. The rolling and unrolling was the most aggravating thing for me. Also, as stated above, make sure the probe is seated well in the unit.
kds9547 is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #17
javahog2002
is one Smokin' Farker

You can use threaded lamp parts for the grommet. That's what used on my performer. Works well and is cheap.

Unread 02-07-2013, 01:15 AM   #18
retired trucker
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdboatbum View Post
I'd be careful with the heat shrink tubing. I tried that and ended up with a gooey mess. It lasted maybe 2 cooks and then started to break down and melt.
I got my heat shrink tubing from the local Radio Shack, and have not had any problems with them. I put the tubing about 1 inch on the probe, and then about 4 inches up on the braid. Heated it with the wife's hair dryer. Works great on my drum (thru a grommet hole) and in my gas stove in the kitchen. (has rubber gasket around the oven door) Still has the original tubing on it from about a year ago. Great product. (ET-732)

Blessings,

Omar