MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #16
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonnblack View Post
I used magnets on mine, although ive only had it for a few weeks now. They were fine, but they like to fall off if they get to cold or hot, depending on the magnet. I'm now using a slider system.
Did you build that urself? I hear there are kits. I saw one on a stainless and really, when I make the stainless one, I would rather have a slide than some ugly iron pipe

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Edict.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #18
jrn
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
Did you build that urself? I hear there are kits. I saw one on a stainless and really, when I make the stainless one, I would rather have a slide than some ugly iron pipe
Some guys are using the bge slider on their drums. Looks really slick on a stainless drum. BPS sells just the slider vent also.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #19
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post
Did you really need to go there at the end?
Yes he did, because, as my conspiracy theory will prove, Pitmaster T is actually the owner of PBC. Please read this with an open mind and don't be too eager to dismiss.

I've come to enjoy the satire, innuendo, and good humor of pits threads and videos. Anyone can tell you "how much" to use, but make a vid with great music and celebrities names to direct back to the forum? That's just being clever.

Anyway, Gene Simmons once said that "there's no such thing as bad publicity," and here is my conspiracy theory:

Pitmaster T creates the PBC and company and hires some actors to make videos how to use it and pose as the actual owners. He also gets P.D. To endorse it (albeit a little over zealous and this was part f the plan). Meanwhile, pit remains quiet and away from the forum.

Then suddenly (just before Super Bowl weekend, the mother of all outdoor cooking weekends), pit goes on the offensive with "controversial" publicity about the PBC and WHAMMO! A Spike in sales and PBC posts here on the forum!

Only pitmaster t could be patient enough to mastermind a pla like this and land kingsford as a sponsor (notice the fuel he uses in his uds video and calls the viewers attention to?)

Anyway, great plan Pitmaster T, very clever and I hope you make millions off of this!
Freddy j is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #20
Johnny_Crunch
Babbling Farker

Great video!

Old 02-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #21
jrn
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy j View Post
Yes he did, because, as my conspiracy theory will prove, Pitmaster T is actually the owner of PBC. Please read this with an open mind and don't be too eager to dismiss.

I've come to enjoy the satire, innuendo, and good humor of pits threads and videos. Anyone can tell you "how much" to use, but make a vid with great music and celebrities names to direct back to the forum? That's just being clever.

Anyway, Gene Simmons once said that "there's no such thing as bad publicity," and here is my conspiracy theory:

Pitmaster T creates the PBC and company and hires some actors to make videos how to use it and pose as the actual owners. He also gets P.D. To endorse it (albeit a little over zealous and this was part f the plan). Meanwhile, pit remains quiet and away from the forum.

Then suddenly (just before Super Bowl weekend, the mother of all outdoor cooking weekends), pit goes on the offensive with "controversial" publicity about the PBC and WHAMMO! A Spike in sales and PBC posts here on the forum!

Only pitmaster t could be patient enough to mastermind a pla like this and land kingsford as a sponsor (notice the fuel he uses in his uds video and calls the viewers attention to?)

Anyway, great plan Pitmaster T, very clever and I hope you make millions off of this!
Is it gonna come out that patiodaddio and Pitmaster T are the same person? Now it's all starting to make sense!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #22
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrn View Post
Is it gonna come out that patiodaddio and Pitmaster T are the same person? Now it's all starting to make sense!

Exactly! See? More believers!

Old 02-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #23
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Another drum build. Zzzzzzz.....
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #24
hermy65
Found some matches.

Nice video!
hermy65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #25
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbq Bubba View Post
Another drum build. Zzzzzzz.....
yes but YOUR drum was feature for all to see as the type of inspiration this forum offers.

as far as P.D and me being the same person... He is a white guy. So that would not be possible... as I am orange.

Edict.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #26
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
... as I am orange.
slathering yourself in pig-honey doesnt count. good for the skin though....

Old 02-04-2013, 04:48 PM   #27
Neonnblack
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Yep. I used zinc plated sheet from HD. The heat at the bottom of the barrel isn't enough to burn the zinc off. So not worried about that. They are kinda crude, but its a uds and it does what I want. I'll post some pics when I get home.
Neonnblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 06:25 PM   #28
Neonnblack
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Some guys are using the bge slider on their drums. Looks really slick on a stainless drum. BPS sells just the slider vent also.
I wsa going to buy those, until i saw the 30 dollar price tag a PIECE for a small piece of sheet metal. Mine came out to a 1.75 for four, plus i have enough sheet to make another 4 or 5.

Sheet metal bender:

One side bent all the way, one side after it was out of the bender:

Profile:

Closed:

Open:

I was able to keep a lower consistent temp with these without having to worry about anything falling or moving. A gasket of thin magnet material is behind it (cereal box is also a very good gasket).
Neonnblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #29
jrn
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
yes but YOUR drum was feature for all to see as the type of inspiration this forum offers.

as far as P.D and me being the same person... He is a white guy. So that would not be possible... as I am orange.
Hey T, he was obviously asleep by that part

Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #30
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Hey T, he was obviously asleep by that part

Yeah. The purpose of the video was not Our audience but outside "us". You will note along the way it talks about how many hitz our forum has for the UDS, where certain threads are and which post a tip came from.

The purpose is not to show how I built a UDS 4 years behind everyone else but that the Brethren still inspires me and can inspire other as well.

Oddly ther eseems to be a counting error YOUTUBE is havign these days.
And of course people do come into our forum from videos. My data on how long they view a video is surprising even to me... unless, its because of the music, LOL.

Edict.

Tags
uds