The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #16
charrederhead
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I don't see any issue. I'd send it back (via PBC generated return slip) and get what I paid for- an undamaged unit.

Unread 02-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
. I am going to buy a 12 pack of Negro Modelo (I'm not the most interesting man in the world) some meat and build a fire in this new machine. .

i like to see your photos, i LOVE negro modelo.

Unread 02-01-2013, 11:25 AM   #18
Ron_L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy j View Post
i like to see your photos, i LOVE negro modelo.
Not to hijack, but have you tried Leon? I like it more than Negro Modelo. Apparently it isn't available in the US, however.

OK... We now return you to your originally intended topic.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #19
Freddy j
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Not to hijack, but have you tried Leon? I like it more than Negro Modelo. Apparently it isn't available in the US, however.

OK... We now return you to your originally intended topic.

looks like we're gonna have to have a brethren meet up in Mexico for some. They got any good bbq down there?

Unread 02-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #20
J-Rod
is One Chatty Farker

If it bothers you, get it taken care of. But from what I've read on here about PBC's service it sounds like a FedEx issue more than a QC issue. I'd take it up with that corporate monster first. Until then, enjoy your beers!

Unread 02-01-2013, 02:49 PM   #21
aawa
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Rod View Post
If it bothers you, get it taken care of. But from what I've read on here about PBC's service it sounds like a FedEx issue more than a QC issue. I'd take it up with that corporate monster first. Until then, enjoy your beers!
The way both UPS and Fed Ex work is that the claim from the customer needs to go to the sender. The sender will then file a report with Fed Ex or UPS and resolved between those 2 parties. This keeps the buyer out of being sent back and fourth between the sender and the delivery company.

If you want what you paid for, which is a brand new undamaged Pit Barrel Cooker. Contact Noah and have him send you a new one as well as a generated slip to return the damaged PBC. Noah can then take it up with Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS for the damage done in shipping. If you can live with the dent then so be it. Or if you would like a partial refund and keep the dented PBC that is your perogative. I don't think there would be any issue for you to request a partial refund if you are willing to live with a dented PBC as it is a damaged product but still usable.

Thanks from:--->