The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 01-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #31
BobBrisket

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdboatbum View Post
I'd read about the onion trick to attract people to BBQ stands, but didn't believe it. Then once on a camping trip, we'd had the smoker going for a couple days with seemingly no notice from the other folks at the campground. On the third day, I remembered the onion thing so I cut one in half and tossed it in the coals. You'd have thought we were handing out free money, people were stopping by every few minutes to see what we were cooking. The whole campground smelled incredible.
By the way, you have a beautiful dog. You may want to check with your vet before giving her any more rib bones.
You know what I'm talking about then. You all need to try it!

Coco says thanks! Our vet, at least, is fine with letting her have the harder ones that she can't break or splinter. Chicken bones, a no no. Plus, she's teething, so it was a good way for her to ease the teething sensation. On that note, vet does recommend that you take the bone away after they are done with it. As they dry, they can splinter and cause problems. She likes carrots too.
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver

My BEST Compliment......"You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son.
Git Smokin, Dan!
BobBrisket is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
Mdboatbum
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
You know what I'm talking about then. You all need to try it!

Coco says thanks! Our vet, at least, is fine with letting her have the harder ones that she can't break or splinter. Chicken bones, a no no. Plus, she's teething, so it was a good way for her to ease the teething sensation. On that note, vet does recommend that you take the bone away after they are done with it. As they dry, they can splinter and cause problems. She likes carrots too.
Cool, didn't mean to sound like a busybody, we just a Springer Spaniel get really sick when I was a kid and found out it was because of splintering bones. Glad to hear you talked to your vet about it!
Mdboatbum is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 01-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #33
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Nice groceries, BobbyB. Love the pooch!

https://www.bigpoppasmokers.com/stor...nufacturer=314

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous

"Walk with Us"
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Unread 01-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #34
BobBrisket

Pron, play by play, and comments to follow!
UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker-Courtesy of Poobah, WSM, 22.5 Weber Kettles-K and DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver B, Lil' Chief Smoker, Lodge Sportman Grill, Backyard Fire Pit, Dutch Ovens, Discada Set Up!

Git Smokin, Dan!

Unread 01-30-2013, 10:25 PM   #35
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post

Whole frya!
Can't believe nobody picked up on the HOLE in the fryer breast. The fireworks are hiding the PBC and the horseshoe handle!!! The landstrip on the breast is from hitting the rod when I was pulling the bird out!

Git Smokin, Dan!

Unread 01-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #36
HankB
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy48 View Post
Just an observation here. I have two dogs, and it seems like most BBQ men and women have dogs.
We don't have a dog. We have a cat and he does not deign to be photographed with our food. But our sons both have dogs and they are both welcome at our place any time.

The boys won't let us give them cooked bones due to the risk. I give them pigs ears instead. The dogs like them and it keeps the pigs ears out of McRib sandwiches.

Unread 01-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #37
BobBrisket

Full set up out da box! Stout, sturdy, and sharp!

Brethren Baby! MADE IN USA! Nuff sed!

The "hooks!" BTW, I really liked the rubs. Very robust!

I just could NOT do lighter fluid. Minion will RAWK your PBC too! Trust me. 15 mins and it was good to go after dumping the hot coals.

Hangin meat. There IS something to it! Rebar is also coated. Cleaned up with the wipe of a rag.

Exhaust...........perfect. One small issue. The high temp adhesive held for a while. Once it got hot the, ends of the "tramp stamp" as we have called it, pulled up a bit. I took it off so that the adhesive tape wouldn't burn and stick. I love self tapping screws. Took care of the issue. The Brethren Stamp is flat and when you put that on a rounded surface, you have opposing forces going on! That's why the stamp is not on it.\

Proof!

Ribs with half arse foil job and 5 hot links......the other one made its way to the Hot Dog TD!

Sleep walking Cub Scout waiting for his dinner!

Git Smokin, Dan!

Unread 01-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #38
MS2SB
is One Chatty Farker

Bob, when it come to the hot links did you have any issues with the juices running out from the hook puncture?
Original Noobian Warlord
Loser of Known Space
MS2SB is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2013, 11:34 PM   #39
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS2SB View Post
Bob, when it come to the hot links did you have any issues with the juices running out from the hook puncture?
Only when I put the link on the bun and the juices ran down my hand and arm and stained my pants! Hot links are fairly dry (these were). If I did something like a brat etc, I'd try to hang em between the links. I was experimenting. I like more char on my weiner! LOL! Next time, I'd use the grate and grill/high heat em for a bit more char.

Git Smokin, Dan!

Unread 01-30-2013, 11:38 PM   #40
AussieTitch
Babbling Farker

With this cooker,do you lift out the fire basket to load it?
cheers.
Titch
AussieTitch is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2013, 11:44 PM   #41
BobBrisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTitch View Post
With this cooker,do you lift out the fire basket to load it?
cheers.
Titch
Loaded, Lit, outside and then dropped in the cooker. Never had to refuel for this cook.

Git Smokin, Dan!

Unread 01-30-2013, 11:51 PM   #42
motoeric
Babbling Farker

How long were the beef ribs in for?

Eric

A BBQ Brethren Publication
2 Thessalonians 2:15
Exodus 12:9
motoeric is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2013, 11:52 PM   #43
BBQdisciple
On the road to being a farker

This Pron has made me feel dirty and/or inspired. Thanks for posting
BBQdisciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-30-2013, 11:57 PM   #44
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 4

BTW, I used a texas torch to light mine.. jsut went over the top row of coals for about 45 seconds and then let them do their thing. I couldnt do the lighter fluid thing either.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Klose built MoAB (Mother of All Banderas) passed on to Big Dog, 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 1 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Pit Barrel Cooker, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-31-2013, 12:02 AM   #45
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

I just may have to make one of those PBC's.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote