New WSM Owner! 1st Smoke, Brisket & Ribs!!!

Good lookin cook for sure. Try a search here for weeping ribs. I have yet to do them myself but word on the street is they're sexual.

I'll check that out and thanks!!!

Regardless, that sounds like an awesome first cook.

I highly recommend taking notes about what you did and what you like or don't like about the results. Include any thoughts on what you would want to do differently next time.

The ribs will be firmer if you cook them a little less. I prefer ribs with a little bite myself so I do not wrap.

Thanks and that's a great idea! I'm taking notes tonight! I did wrap but I won't next time.

Very well done! Welcome to the best playhouse you could imagine!

Thank you!

Lastly, let me add that I can't believe that my new WSM was so steady. This is my first cook on it although I called myself "seasoning" it a week ago. NINE solid hours of burn with more to go on one load of charcoal! I'm very impressed and excited about my next cook!!!

Great setting and that brisket looks like it came out just fine! I'm with you on the ribs, I believe a key to getting a firmer product that will pass the "bite test" is to do them a little hotter. Great first smoke on the new WSM and great pics!

Fine looking brisky and ribbers! That's a sweet set-up you have there!

Nice yard and patio.

Those looked fantastic! Congrats on the first successful cook. How long did the brisket take to cook?

What type of probe port did you use, so that the probes for the 732 would fit through?

Cut the brisket and I am amazed at how good the taste and texture is. I'm my worst critic but dang this brisket tastes great! I used a 50/50 mixture of salt and pepper only and had the ribs above it. I'll do this again!!!

looks GGOOOOOOODDD!

Back