The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 01-19-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
kingstar
Got Wood.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
I fail to understand WHY DO PEOPLE TRY TO FIX WHAT AINT BROKE I Remember when you opened the hood on your P/U and could see the ground on both sides of the engine and could sit on the fender well and change plugs points & condenser. Then some body decided it was to simple and needed all sorts of gadgetry hanging off it. There was no improvement just more Junk to deal with......
It's BBQ in the truest form over direct heat, It has worked for Centuries just fine. You need to learn to cook it Old School and leave that junk on the drawing board, BBQ has gotten along with out it this long You really think you can improve perfection?
Because sometimes it is fun to try new things. I put a bbq guru on my UDS, not because I needed to, but because I think it is fun to mess with.
kingstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-19-2013, 02:54 PM   #17
Southstar Jeff
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
I fail to understand WHY DO PEOPLE TRY TO FIX WHAT AINT BROKE I Remember when you opened the hood on your P/U and could see the ground on both sides of the engine and could sit on the fender well and change plugs points & condenser. Then some body decided it was to simple and needed all sorts of gadgetry hanging off it. There was no improvement just more Junk to deal with......
It's BBQ in the truest form over direct heat, It has worked for Centuries just fine. You need to learn to cook it Old School and leave that junk on the drawing board, BBQ has gotten along with out it this long You really think you can improve perfection?
Well, my truck gets 25 mpg, starts without any hesitation in any weather and I never have to adjust points or timing. Seems like an improvement to me.

Messing around with BBQ? Now that sounds fun!
SS Performer
Jumbo Joe
Smokey Joe Silver
Stoker wifi
Stealthy super fast grey thermapen
Vacmaster vp112
Southstar Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote