The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 01-08-2013, 06:37 PM   #16
Pappy Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I've had them both and while Lang is a good cooker, a Jambo is a great cooker.
Pappy Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #17
N2Q
Knows what a fatty is.

I really loved my Jambo and kick myself regularly for selling it. Very fuel efficient and cooked like a champ. You can have a 2nd shelf added for like $40 I think.
N2Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #18
dupree187
Found some matches.

One thing I would like to know is can you use a bbq guru on a jambo? Don't know if its possible or needed with the insulated fire box.
dupree187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #19
jdbh
On the road to being a farker

don't need a guru on a jambo once its set you don't have to touch it, and mine would go 2 hrs easy before adding fuel. i only sold mine to get more capacity. easyied offset i ever cooked on
UDS (Black)
HYBRID OFFSET TRAILER
jdbh is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #20
pmanzi
Knows what a fatty is.

I have been trying to make this decision myself and while talking to some folks at Lang was told that the insulation in a Jambo will need to be replaced after 2-3 years, is that true or just a salesman trying to get a sale? If is is true how expensive is the process?
Char-Griller Akorn
Brinkmann Smoke & Grill
Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain
CyberQ WiFi
pmanzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #21
dupree187
Found some matches.

That's the first I've heard about the insulation needing replaced. I think it may just be a sales pitch but I don't know. Anyone else?
dupree187 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #22
gaspipe1
Full Fledged Farker

I can not imagine spending all that money and needing a new firebox in less then 5 years!
One of the top things people brag about is the pits quality and Jamie's customer service.
If this is false info Mr Lang should def talk to his sales force since this is a very small community and word travels quickly. Could be very embarrassing for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gaspipe1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #23
I like Bigbutts
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupree187 View Post
I think I am starting to lean towards the jambo. Just got off the phone with Jamie and he is one hell of a nice guy. Answered any question I had. Wonder if you can get the backyard model with a single door? Forgot to ask. Anyway now just to wait for tax time I guess. Still interested in opinions though. One thing I would like to know is can you use a bbq guru on a jambo? Don't know if its possible or needed with the insulated fire box.
I was going to get Jamie to do the single door for me but one of the Brethren had a standard backyard Jambo for sale and I jumped on it.....Jamie said it would be no problem.......

Friends call me the "One Eyed Porker"....What can I say...

Last edited by I like Bigbutts; 01-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.. Reason: add on
I like Bigbutts is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #24
Muzzlebrake
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupree187 View Post
I do like the fact that the Lang has a single door. But lets face it, a Jambo is a Jambo. And a Meadow Creek is out of my price range. Anyone else have any input? This is alot of money and I want to make the right choice.
Dont get hung up on the name brand. Lots of great pits being built out there by lots of people these days. A Jambo that costs less than a Meadow Creek is not going to be the blinged out pit you think of when you mention Jambo. FInd one you like that fits your budget and requirements.

My preference is Yoder Smokers. You wont find nicer people to deal with are very suppotive of the Competitons community and they usually have a presence at many of the larger KCBS events such as the Banquet, Jack and The Royal. They also have a wider array of products than many other companies and make grills, pellet cookers and fire pots in addition to tradiional stick burners.

"What sort of people are these charcoal masters? They behaved badly and were unconcerned with appearances. Their hair was long and unkempt and their clothes were wrinkled and old. They drank beer to and from the crab house and they made rude noises while we cooked." Tao of Charcoal
Muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote