The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-29-2012, 10:38 AM   #16
f1ctional
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Searing Side

Hi, long time listener, first time caller.

Concerning the Members Mark Hybrid grill, we seem to have an issue with the searer. It lights and turns red, then immediately turns off. Not sure what we are doing wrong, this is my first "big boy" grill, so I am quite the amateur with all the bells and whistles on this model.

Thanks!

-Mark
f1ctional is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 06:59 AM   #17
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 1

Make sure to keep the button pushed in until the mesh is hot.

CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #18
slumav505
Got rid of the matchlight.

Just got this set up for Christmas. Has anyone found a way to make a firebox mod yet?. Seems to be what you need to properly smoke on the charcoal side. Looks like it's going to be a winner long term.
slumav505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #19
slumav505
Got rid of the matchlight.

So to follow up my last post, it has been built. My Father-in-law and I were able to successfully build a cold-smoker out of a Smokey Joe and dryer venting. Worked WONDERFULLY. Does not take much charcoal at all to keep the temp between 200-250 using the lowest level in the actual charcoal chamber. We noticed when using the cold smoker it generally adds anywhere from 20-50 degrees. Our set up produced a lot of smoke. Took us roughly 2 hours to get it put together when we were actually focused, another hour to do the mod, mostly because my drill was out of juice. Infrared burner worked perfectly on some new york strips. It comes with a nice detailed guide just on setting up the side burner. Must have been due to the reviews online. Cold-Smoke mod cost around $50, all new. I had gift card. I'm sure you can get it cheaper than that on Craigslist or something.

slumav505 is offline   Reply With Quote