Prepping my first brisket - Pr0n to come!

Ok Now tell us the truth you been cooking brisket for a few years:p looks like you nailed it :clap:
If the tail is thin during the prep I cut it off where it is about 1" in thickness. save the trim for burger meat, chili, stew,.....

Nice job! I wish my first (or second or third) brisket looked that good!

Ok Now tell us the truth you been cooking brisket for a few years:p looks like you nailed it :clap:
If the tail is thin during the prep I cut it off where it is about 1" in thickness. save the trim for burger meat, chili, stew,.....

Now why didn't I think of that? :doh: Love me some brisket burgers.

I spent a lot of time reading up on the subject on this forum before taking the plunge. I'm glad I went with the KISS method on this cook, it gave me a good base to start with.

I've had requests from some buddies that saw the pictures to do another so I'm thinking brisket #2 isn't too far off in the future. :thumb:

Even though the brisket was the star of the show, them beans turned out really good as well. I usally add some regular yellow mustard to my beans but this go around I used the Roxy's BBQ sauce instead and it was a nice addition.

One more shot that shows the smoke ring pretty well.

null-15.jpg

Back