The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 12-25-2012, 12:49 AM   #16
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

This Canadian company http://blackolivegrill.com has ceramic pit with automatic pellet burner. In its web site it says made in north American. Indeed the ceramic is made in Mexico, and all metal parts are made in China. It is ASSEMBLED in north American. This year China exports 3000 sets to Canada. 3000 pieces shall be a good enough market share if it is a family business.
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #17
Ron_L

Downloads: 1

I've been a pellethead for years, but I'm also an Egghead. I see no reason to try to adapt an external burner to an Egg. I have run my large Egg for over 20 hours at 240 degrees on one load of lump. When I do have to open the lid it recovers temperature within 10 minutes, 15 if it's very cold out side. Why add extra cost to something that works extremely well as it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
I know temperature control of pellet pit is very difficult.
Traeger has big temperature swing
I have to disagree here. Maybe Traeger has temperature swings, but my FEC-100 and Memphis Pro do not. Once they are up to temp they hold temp very well.

Unwrap me!
Smoke me!
Eat me!

The Naked Fatty!

FEC-100/BWS Party/Memphis Pro SS/PBC/LBGE X 2/SBGE/Mini BGE/Nomad Pellet-matic/Good-One Model 42/WSM X 2/Cookshack Smokette 008/Weber Performer/Saber Cast 500/Weber Gasser (RIP)/Weber Kettle X 2/Weber Smokey Joe/WGA/UDS/Coffee Roasting Gasser

Remembering a friend
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #18
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

It seems that most are against automatic pellet ceramic pit.
On the other hand the Canadian company made 3000 pieces of pellet ceramic pit in 2012
Unread 12-28-2012, 09:40 AM   #19
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Only time will tell if their product will sell. I find it doubtful though, especially since they are in Canada and the market here is considered tiny compared to the US. Most US based customers are not gonna want to pay duty on their cooker crossing the border.

It seems that most ceramic cooker users agree that a burner would not be necessary if you know what you are doing, in a sense its almost like adding an extra wheel to a car that already has 4 wheels, its not needed.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2012, 07:59 PM   #20
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks guys. Your opinion may save me big $$$
Unread 01-22-2013, 07:47 PM   #21
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

It is said that http://blackolivegrill.com plans to sell 7000 pieces of this auto feed Kamado in 2013. What do you think, about the auto-feed of fuel