• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ongoing BUTT Thread..........and Ribeyes, and other stuff! :)

BobBrisket

Reaction score
So here you see over 60 lbs of butt! I know, they look like drug bust material in that red wrap, but they are pork butts.:laugh: In taking them outta the meat rack at Sam's I didn't notice that two of the cryos were boneless butts. Oh well, shouldn't be too much of a difference there. Decided to do a different rub on each. I was the lucky recipient of some rubs this Christmas season thanks to Guerry and Redhot!:wink: In the end, they get pulled and some hit with a vinegar base sauce and the other with a pibil sauce. Thinking about gettin Lil Bobby invovled and having him do one in the MUDS.:becky: Shall see how many butts I can cram into the UDS tomorrow!
Stay tuned!:wink:
PorkButtCook002_zps7fc9a116.jpg

Last edited:
You know Bob when I first caught a glimpse of the top of the photo it reminded me of a photo taken at the end of a good drug raid...But I would still raid that stash as well..lol...Good luck with the cook.

Update and pics coming soon. These butts were about 10lbs each so could only get 3 on the UDS and the MUDS has its hands, vents, and basket full with one. Had to call in for back up! Getting the WSM fired up and just doing em all at once instead of doing a second cook for just 2 butts! Gorgeous weather. Might have some bonus firepit chili pron too!
Back in a few!

And people have the never to ask me, "Why do you need so many grills and smokers?":-D They just don't git it!

WooooooHoo! That Garlic Butter is a new one from Keith's I hadn't seen before, so you're a guinea pig. :becky: Try that on popcorn too, Bob!

All those rubs were SO GOOD outta the bottle, BUT that garlic butter has some serious possibilities! First thing that came to mind was spatched bird and fish! Gracias!

Bob

All those rubs were SO GOOD outta the bottle, BUT that garlic butter has some serious possibilities! First thing that came to mind was spatched bird and fish! Gracias!

Bob

Yeppers. Serves ya right for giving me your addy.:becky: I'm gonna try the Garlic Butter on some chicken thighs this weekend. I'm also thinking the Rendezvous would really match well with lamb or goat too.

Yeppers. Serves ya right for giving me your addy.:becky: I'm gonna try the Garlic Butter on some chicken thighs this weekend. I'm also thinking the Rendezvous would really match well with lamb or goat too.

The Rendevous is a very hearty rub. It has whole seeds, spices in it. It would really go well on some lamb or goat. :thumb:

Some Foreplay Pron

Back up arrived and all the butts are in. Put the Garlic Butter butt in the MUDS and hope he figures out what to do with that big ole butt!

PorkButtCook005_zpse1f52a2b.jpg

Q Can, was like "Whatever!" He knows how to handle all that butt!
PorkButtCook006_zpsfec5a876.jpg

Two mo in the the WSM. Gotta get the firepit going. Today is Mrs. Brisket's actual b-day so when she gets home from the Outlaws gonna grill up some monster Ribbies, bacon wrapped asparagus, baked taters, and 'dessert":twisted:! But, the firepit chili is my appetizer!
PorkButtCook007_zps4cb242f9.jpg

Update: Fire Pit Chili is out. Winds came in and out and are already farking with the smokers. I don't want to deal with a fire and wind too. Moved headquarters indoors. Coco the BBQBasset is sleeping, again. I'm monitoring the pits from the window. So, I got hungry. Made some cheek meat barbacoa last night. Had me another batch of barbacoa tacos. These are from last night:
PorkButtCook001_zps1683afa7.jpg

PorkButtCook002_zps13295568.jpg

Mmmmmmm...........that's all I can say!:thumb:
PorkButtCook003_zpsb8417d07.jpg

Oh man. Those look good. OK, I'm stopping at the panaderia in my hood on the way home for some fresh tortillas cuz you just inspired me. Prolly some churros too. Oh, and be safe with the wind on those cookers!

Back