MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #46
"Sparky"
On the road to being a farker

We love this stuff . It's great on chicken

"Sparky" is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #47
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

We also always buy the pretzel rolls/buns when we're there

Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #48
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in St. Louis View Post
For $3, I think I'll have to get myself a bottle of red. That's too many positive reviews to pass up.
Thanks Hambone.
Just to be clear, I think of Two Buck Chuck the same way I think of Spaghettios or frozen pizza; it's laughable to compare them to better versions. But if you look at the price tag, then take a sip, you shrug and think, "Huh... I'd have guessed that was Seven Buck Chuck, at least!"
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI • [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum • Weber 26.75 Kettle • Akorn Kamado • ET 732 • Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen • UDS In Progress
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 09:38 AM   #49
Bob in St. Louis
Babbling Farker

HAHA... undertstood Mr. Fox.
Bob in St. Louis is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #50
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

If three buck chuck tastes as good as six or seven dollar cheap wine, then I am going to have to check it out. My assumption was that it wasn't even that good.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #51
SirPorkaLot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
If three buck chuck tastes as good as six or seven dollar cheap wine, then I am going to have to check it out. My assumption was that it wasn't even that good.
Everyone has differing opinions when it comes to ...well almost anything...but especially wine.

However when it comes to a drinkable red table wine, 2 buck (or 3) chuck is hard to beat in value.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #52
Phanto
Got rid of the matchlight.

Trader Joe's also has a fairly high rate of recall of their own products due to contamination. Six or more in 2012. http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...193200588.html
Phanto is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #53
ODU Dad
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPorkaLot View Post
Everyone has differing opinions when it comes to ...well almost anything...but especially wine.

However when it comes to a drinkable red table wine, 2 buck (or 3) chuck is hard to beat in value.
The wine reminds me of the hot dog and drink at Costco. I don't know how they do it but as long as they do it you have to take them up on it. As long as you aren't expecting a well aged Chardonnay or Cabernet, it is as good of a value in wine as there is.
ODU Dad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #54
leanza
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzybadger View Post
Isn't Trader Joe's brand EVOO like some of the best available in the U.S.? I can't remember if it was their brand or Costco's, but I remember both of them being ranked pretty high for quality.
That oil is one of my favorites. It's a blend of olive oils, if we are talking about the same one. It had a different brand name and then it was later labeled as Trader Joe's.

Old 12-15-2012, 02:01 PM   #55
Foxfire
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by leanza View Post
That oil is one of my favorites. It's a blend of olive oils, if we are talking about the same one. It had a different brand name and then it was later labeled as Trader Joe's.
I think they do that rebranding a lot. I've heard rumor that their TJ-branded single malt highland scotch is actually rebottled Macallan, but I can't confirm that. They have similar taste, not that I've compared side-by-side, though.
[COLOR="Blue"]Blue [/COLOR]Weber Performer + Craycort CI • [COLOR="red"]Brick Red[/COLOR] Weber One-Touch Platinum • Weber 26.75 Kettle • Akorn Kamado • ET 732 • Record-crushing [COLOR="Orange"][B]ORANGE[/B][/COLOR] Thermapen • UDS In Progress
Foxfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #56
Enkidu
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Al Gold View Post
Hello all we just got a Trader Joe's here in San Antonio and I know I've read a lot of posts mentioning ingredients from there. So what should I try for my first trip?
Candy Cane Jo-Jo's