MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #1
mbshop
Babbling Farker

Default ham

i'm getting uptight cuz i can't find a ready to eat or a cook to eat ham. everyone seems to either carry massive whole leg hams or spiral cut ones.
whats with that ?

Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Not sure,stores around here are chocked full of hams either cooked or ready to cook.Smithfield ready to cook shank portion hams $1.19 at Kroger this week.They are O.k. If I am cookin for a Special occasion,John Morel EZ CUT or HORMEL CURE 81 is the only way To go.They do not go on sale very often.Neither is as good as curing your own fresh ham but they are the best store ought I have tried.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #3
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

BTW,spirals are O.K. If cooked properly. Yep!
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #4
Pyle's BBQ
Babbling Farker

It's great to live in the Mid-west. Do you need one shipped? I won one at a holiday raffle. Hy-Vee has several different kinds, including the ones you mentioned.

Yoder YS640; Good-One "Trail Boss" 60T; Weber Kettle rotisserie ring; Big A$$ Rotisserie; New Braunfels offset smoker; Weber Smokey Mountain; Backyard Bombers BBQ HJM

Μολν λαβέ
Pyle's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote