The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #16
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

My Vitamix is my favorite kitchen appliance after the coffee maker.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #17
Crazy Harry
is Blowin Smoke!

I got a vitamix at costco when they has their demo several; years ago. works great. I also got a separate container with the dry blades for spices.

[URL]http://www.teddybearcreations-wa.com[/URL]
Note to mods: is the back link ok?
When all else fails just ask yourself, [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]W[COLOR=Lime]W[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]G[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=SeaGreen]A[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrange]L[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]D[/COLOR][/SIZE]???
Crazy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #18
superdan
Full Fledged Farker

I run a vita mix. Got it at Costco. Went through 3 other blenders before I sucked it up and got it. I use it daily.
superdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
C J
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbshop View Post
move this if needed.

i have an old blender. but i want one that does more.
we see the ninja setup all over the tv and wonder if thats a good choice. what are you all using ?
The Ninja is a piece of crap. I bought it and returned it the same day.

The only two blenders you should be looking at are the Blendtec and the Vitamix. I've had both, and in my opinion, the Vitamix is much more versatile and does a better job.
C J is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
centexsmoker
Full Fledged Farker

the blend tec is a beast also and it fits under the kitchen counter. I use it every day and it pulverizes anything you put in it and does the soup thing very well. I totally agree that VitaMix is an awesome machine as well and I was very torn between the 2.

If money is an issue, the blend tec is around $100 cheaper than the vitamix AND you can use a bed bath and beyond 20% off for another $80 off. If you don't have the 20% off from BBB, just sign up for thier email coupons and they will send you one Immediately

It was really 1 and 1A in my mind so after I sniffed out the BBB deal, I went that way. And the fact that it fits under our counters was a big deal too. No regrets- it's a great machine and I'm totally happy with it.

You really Can't go wrong either way. Both really good and once you wrap your head around buying a $400-$500 blender, you'll be glad you did.
centexsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

I have a KitchenAid blender that I am really happy with. I am really impressed with the VitaMix blenders, but they are beyond my budget.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #22
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Harvard already had a Vitamix when I met him. To say I'm spoiled now, would be an understatement. We use it on a daily basis for kale smoothies. lol I know... I know! But they're really not too bad if you throw a banana in there. I've been making squash and pumpkin soups with it, and it really does a superb job on them. Very smooth, very fast, very powerful.
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #23
mtbchip
Full Fledged Farker

Word: Vitamixx

I make my rubs in the vitamixx!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 AM   #24
rlt
On the road to being a farker

+1 for the vitamix. I flipped out when my wife told me she bought a 400 dollar blender, but in the end, I am extremely pleased with it. In the words of Nike, "Just do it"

Old 12-10-2012, 06:05 AM   #25
Scubadoo97
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-QueMaster View Post
Go Vitamix or BlendTec.
I own both. The VM 5200 and the BT Total blender.

The VM Is hands down the better blender. Even though the BT claims a 4 HP and the VM 3 the VM is by far the stronger motor. With the tamper I can take frozen bananas and with the motor on high turn it into a frozen banana dessert the is like sorbet. The BT has a wider jar and claims no need for it but put anything in that's thick and you get a void/cavitation and the motor will shut down. The VM on high is fan cooled and can run just about forever without overheating

The newer VM comes with
A wider shorted jar, more power (fan cooled at all settings) and presets to compete with the BT for a blender that will fit under the cabinets