• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brussel Sprout Recipes

Wrench_H

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I think I had had brussel sprouts once when I was a kid and never tried them again. Then they came as a side at a restaurant I went to last week and I loved them. I do however think that they could probably go wrong pretty fast if not done correctly. Any of you guys got any great recipes for them, preferably on the smoker or grill?

My brother made them for thanks giving and they were outstanding. Very simple recipe. He covered them in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. They were cut in half and cooked very hot in a aluminum pan on the weber. The trick is to cook them hot to carmelize and bring out the sugars. They took about 20 to 30 min.

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Tapatalk 2

I love Brussels sprouts, but, they have to be fresh, or really high quality frozen ones. If I can, I get the ones on the stem.

normal prep for all dishes. I clean out the larger outer leaves, and cut the stem flush with the bottom of the the lowest clean leaf. I then place in ice water until I am ready to prepare them and cook them. I do not like to let them sit exposed to air.

On the Grill:
Simply take some larger sized ones, or if you have a from mat, the smaller ones are better. Cut in half and toss in a good olive oil. Then place on very hot grill and sear/caramelize. Then remove, sprinkle with kosher salt and serve. This works great on cast iron as well.

Raw:
Make slaw with it, instead of cabbage, use Brussels Sprouts

Oh, I love to slice it up and make pastrami or brisket hash, add some taters, onions and the sprouts, so good.
plated-medJPG.jpg

hashed.jpg

Been eating them all my life. Love them! Never tried smoking them though.

Grew them for years. Bought them and steamed them at the firehouse.
When they were semi for tender I would kill the steam and cover them for a couple of minutes before serving. A bit of butter, dash of salt and pepper and we were eating in heaven. We did not cover them with American cheese slices. Not needed.
Gas X pills are a bonus if you have them.
Outstanding veggies for us! Still is today.

My wife makes the best Brussels sprouts.
1/2 the sprouts
Chunk up a red pepper
1 lb bacon
Salt , pepper, garlic pdr

Cut raw bacon into small pieces. Cook in pan to 1/2 done. Put sprouts, red pepper, seasoning and bacon on baking pan and put in oven or smoker at 375- 400 for about 45 min.

Done. Sprouts absorb some of the bacon grease, it's AWSOME

Boochie - this sounds terrific. My wife so lives brussel sprouts - this will be our Christmas dinner vegetable.

One of my favorites has already been mentioned. Just half or quarter them, depending on the size, toss in olive oil, add salt and a good bit of fresh ground bepper and gook on a hot grill or in a hot oven.
For thanksgiving we made them with Gorgonzola and bacon. Just steamed the sprouts for about 4 minutes, then tossed with butter, bacon bits and the crumbled cheese and baked in a 350˚ oven until the cheese started to melt and the sprouts were cooked through. It was mighty good.
534579_4260343300963_1257921966_n.jpg

My brother made them for thanks giving and they were outstanding. Very simple recipe. He covered them in olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. They were cut in half and cooked very hot in a aluminum pan on the weber. The trick is to cook them hot to carmelize and bring out the sugars. They took about 20 to 30 min.

^ +1......

Cut in half or leave whole, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic, and add some chopped bacon. Cook 350 - 400 in a pan until tender.

I was force fed them as a kid, maybe I might mix all the previous suggestions together as one and have another try..lol, ? maybe.

Love them any which way but fresh is best.

Love them roasted with nothing more than evoo, salt and pepper.

Turned a few who thought they didn't like them by making shredded sprouts. Shred with knife or mandoline. Sauté onion in tasty fat like bacon or good evoo. Add sprouts, a touch of water to braise them and cook down a bit. Finish with a shot of something acidic.

In a pan slice them in half then mix with evoo, lemon juice,minced garlic and salt and pepper and roast on the grill for 30 to 40 minutes. The remove and add to a frying pan and simmer in chicken stock till tender. I don't care for Brussels but I love them this way.

I love the taste and the main preps are listed above. Actually quite easy to make taste great. As an added bonus, there are about 10,000 farts packed into each one of those suckers. Makes for great after-dinner entertainment. :thumb:

Back