Mrs. Brisket is turning 40! Need help...

Happy Birthday to your bride.
I am thinking of a full crock pot of Bagna Cauda with fresh veggie sticks and crusty Italian bread.
I am thinking of a couple of whole top rounds of beef cooked to rare and slice it up for sandwiches.

Grilled whole Beef tenderloin. Slice for sammies on some french bread. Use the griddle for onions, peppers and mushrooms. Add a side dipping Au Jus and badda bing......Happy Birthday to the Mrs. brisket

Mole, rice, beans, a tacos al pastor station, a couple rented margarita machines, chile con queso, 6 bottles of hornitos and tres leches and choco-flan for dessert.

Hehehehehe!!! That's an El Paso Party right there!!:biggrin1: Thought about al pastor as well, but made those for my son's B-Day party. Chile con queso is an automatic!
I had an idea earlier.........not a dish I've ever made, but a dish I REALLY like and one that is a hit around here. ASADO De Puerco. I found this recipe. I could brown up a lot of cubed pork on the griddle and then into the roasters with the chile sauce. One odd ingredient.........half an avocado pit! Never seen that used in a recipe.

http://www.mexicoinmykitchen.com/2008/12/pork-stew-nuevo-leon-style-asado-de.html

Check it out. Would go well with a white rice vs. a Spanish rice.

I'll be on vacation during the week of her party.............I COULD just dig a hole in the ground and put half a hog in it......or a whole mess of butts! Maybe even toss a chuck roll in there. Half with a pibil marinade and the others with the asado!

Just maybe............:-D

Bob!! 40!! Time to trade in for a newer model, bother! :twisted:

JK! Happy Birthday to the Mrs! Looking forward to the pics of the clebratory cook!

I can't afford the divorce, so I'm trying to convince Mrs. Brisket to just let two 20 year old hotties join us for some Hit Action...............:-D. She ain't too keen on the idea:twisted:.

I have a friend who's Mom makes asado de puerco every year for his birthday. It's the one thing he asks his Mom to make him. It's very good. Happy B-Day to your wife.

Back