The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 05-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #16
chefdrew
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Those of you that have the older model, do you have range issues when walking on your house?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
chefdrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-27-2012, 08:20 AM   #17
chefdrew
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Okay, I got my Maverick ET-73. Used it yesterday and it worked great. I went through my entire house, from the basement to the upstairs bedroom and out to my mailbox and I never lost signal...seems like a great little tool...

chefdrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
FlavorSavor
On the road to being a farker

Do these work well in comps where others may be using the same thing? Meaning, is it possible for signals to get crossed and I end up reading the temps of the guy next to me?
FlavorSavor is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 03:42 PM   #19
Just BS
Take a breath!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorSavor View Post
Do these work well in comps where others may be using the same thing? Meaning, is it possible for signals to get crossed and I end up reading the temps of the guy next to me?
I don't know the answer, but it seems to me that at a comp you'll be staying pretty close to your que(s) and can look at the transmitter that is attached to the probe instead of the reciever.

The BBQ Guru uses wifi and blue tooth, so that should sinc to your smart phone. DISCLAIMER: I don't own a Guru yet, so I may be wrong.
Just BS is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-29-2012, 04:35 PM   #20
Crimson
Knows what a fatty is.

The 732 pairs itself so there should not be a probl your need to turn the reciever on first then the transmitter then it will pair up. I would go with the 732 just dont overtemp the probes or allow any water in the connection between the wire and probe tip.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #21
javahog2002
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefdrew View Post
Stop me if I am wrong but, when you turn the transmitter on, don't you want it to stay on the entire time? I just watched a video review of them both...I do not have a distance issue at my house and the older model is around $30 cheaper than the new one...hmmmm

The older model has the on/off switch behind the battery door as everyone mentioned. The et-732 is the consensus best remote unit. I am seeing it for $56.00 with free ship on Amazon.

Unread 11-30-2012, 01:29 AM   #22
Arizona Ugly I
Knows what a fatty is.

I had to send my et73 back, the range was only 40'. Im buying the newer version.
Arizona Ugly I is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #23
dano
Full Fledged Farker

With everyone else ET-732 is a good bang for your buck thermometer.
Igrill will also work if you have a smartphone.
Works with droids now.
1-800-745-6109
Authorized Stump's Smokers Dealer

dano is offline   Reply With Quote