The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Day Time Dream About BBQ

Buy a motel of 20 to 30 rooms with plenty open space in a central place, say Texas, Oklahoma,Kansas ect.
Place 30 to 50 pieces of smokers there, big or small, offset or vertical, single or double walls, charcoal or pellet.
Guests can play with the smokers free.
Say if you like FEC100 but do not want to spend $3500 for it, you and your friends can spend weekend at the motel and play the FEC100.
How many are playing Weber, or USD.
How many are playing US$3000+ smoker.
If one does not want to spend $3000 on a smoker, is he willing to spend $50 to 100 to play BBQ in a motel hundreds of miles away.
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

The only way I could see this working is if it was a one day event and you had a celebrity hosting it.

Most people dont want to spend a whole day looking at bbq's unless theres other incentives.

I would say over 50% of this site has a Weber kettle or a UDS, most people usually have both. These cookers are in the less than $200 range and thats the main reason most people own them, they still do a great job even they they arent expensive and they are usually big enough for one family.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
How many are playing US$3000+ smoker.
The people that fall into this category will usually want to buy American. They know the American Pit makers cook the same things they do so the cookers are tailor made for that. Also, most American's especially from the south are very patriotic and want to buy from other Americans. Finally, having your pit maker local makes repairs or problems a lot easier to solve.

I also notice that you sell mostly pellet smokers, generally pellet smokers are not well received in the US because they lack the smoke flavor. Usually if you see a pellet smoker at a competition BBQ its a bad sign for that person. I believe pellet smokers are mainly used in restaurant settings since they are very automated and do not require anyone to tend the fire.
Unread 11-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

1.My smoker can burn pellet and Charcoal, and chip/chunks.
2.My smoker is automatic as pellet smoker
3.My smoker has much stable temperature
4.My smoker may be more close to Backwoods, Stumps, Vikiing than FEC100.
5.I am going to rent a warehouse in Los Angeles and will place a few Smokers of same size as FEC100, but made from stainless steel, price will be ex-warehouse Los Angeles US$1500.
6.My smoker is very simply constructed than FEC100. Steel Structure- Controller-Fan.
You do no need to worry about steel structure. If fan or controller fail, you can exchange with me a new piece. This will take 2 to 3 weeks by air mail.
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

I did not know your smoker can burn charcoal and chip/chunks of wood. Perhaps you should take out "Pellet" from the name of the smoker it might cause confusion, I like most people will automatically assume it only does pellets. The Rebel pellet smoker seems to be popular as well you may want to look at that model.

It may be smarter to position your demonstration smokers closer to Texas or even more east. The states that are known for BBQ in the US are Texas, Kansas, The Carolinas(North&South) and Tennessee. If you look on the map you will see that Los Angeles is no where near any of those states but I think you went to California because the shipping is cheaper?
Unread 11-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I have penpal in Tennessee for 10+ years, a lady in her 60's.She does not know any friend doing BBQ in Nashville. I have fewer buyers from Tennessee. I do have more customers from Texas and Carolina. Interesting, why these two places which are far apart.
In China there are companies offering offshore warehouse service, mainly in Los Angeles.
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

If I can get visa to States, I would buy a motel in Kansas. use it as a warehouse, a demonstration center, set 10 smokers for free use. I do need a local partner.
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #8
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Have you tried approaching BBQ stores in the US to sell your product on consignment? It would be a lot cheaper to enter the US market that way instead of bearing all the cost of it on your own. You would also gain the confidence of the locals right away if you picked a reputable well known store.

It just so happens that these states became really good at BBQ, I dont think it really has to do with how close they are together. I should say that all of these states are known for different types of BBQ.

Kansas - They BBQ everything here, catfish, pork, beef, chicken, etc.

Texas- They mostly do beef here, brisket, short ribs, sausage, etc.

Carolinas- They do pork here, whole hog, pork butts, ribs, etc.

Tennesse- Im not familiar with this region.
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Ringburner
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
Perhaps you should take out "Pellet" from the name of the smoker it might cause confusion, I like most people will automatically assume it only does pellets.
What he said.....

Sent from Galaxy S3
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

On TOP of this page it reads:
Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.
Unread 11-17-2012, 06:41 PM   #11
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

You know what thats the first time I ever noticed that, I dont think anyone really reads that section, I could be totally wrong of course.

Now for the charcoal, is there a specific sizing it has to be or would the standrd Kingsford brickette work?

The wood chunks, is there a specific size they have to be or would any size work provided it fit into the firebox?
Unread 11-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Size of burning pot I am using is 4"x4". Size of fuel shall be less than 1.5".
My smoker is small, grill size is just 16"x13"
If for a LARGE smoker, a bigger burner must be needed, then burning pot may be 6"x6", or 8"x8". In this case fuel size shall be less than 2" or 3"
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:21 AM   #13
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
The Rebel pellet smoker seems to be popular as well you may want to look at that model.
I visited http://rebelsmokers.com and find Rebel 32 Reverse Flow, Why called reverse flow, I fail to find details there.
Basically speaking, If I make in China, same size, same thickness, BUT Stainless Steel of 201, my price will be half.
Unread 11-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #14
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Size of burning pot I am using is 4"x4". Size of fuel shall be less than 1.5".
My smoker is small, grill size is just 16"x13"
If for a LARGE smoker, a bigger burner must be needed, then burning pot may be 6"x6", or 8"x8". In this case fuel size shall be less than 2" or 3"
The size of the fuel might be an issue for people here. The charcoal picture I showed you is a Kingsford brickette, this is probably the most popular brand of charcoal. It is 2in so I think it would be too large, you may want to change the sizing to fit Kingsford brickettes, I think many people would be interested in an automated charcoal smoker.

Quote:
I visited http://rebelsmokers.com and find Rebel 32 Reverse Flow, Why called reverse flow, I fail to find details there.
Basically speaking, If I make in China, same size, same thickness, BUT Stainless Steel of 201, my price will be half.
Reverse flow means that the heat will pass through the smoker twice before it leaves.

Unread 11-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #15
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I am using lump charcoal.
I can break it by hammer in 2 minutes to fill full bin.
Only problem is dirty hands.
If you think it can burn 10 hours, you can ignore 2 minutes and washing hands