My first UDS.... with PRON!

Nice looking drum. But I went ape over the red kettle! Weed burner is too hot for a low and slow. I hit a few prices of charcoal with a small propane touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Got that weber with a spare purple lid 22.5" for $15. 10-4 on the weed burner, that thing cranks out some heat! I have a turbo torch acetylen torch where I can pinpoint the flame to only a couple.

Im still working on wheels for the UDS and a kettle pizza insert for the weber. I also need to find a way to be able to use a weber dome on my uds. My lids are a tad bit too small for my uds lip.

The family.....

Attachments

• grill family.jpg
    grill family.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 36
240=warming to death temps. 275-300 is better.

Better for what? I was just stating the temp I get with only the valve open. My UDS gets used from 180* for jerky and bacon to 400* on chicken. To answer your assumption, I smoke at around 275* for ribs and butts. The biggest point here is the UDS is extremely variable and best used that way. Don't paint yourself in a corner. Experimentation is expected. Pugi

Az Air, i and others have fastend a band of metal (i used stainless because i had some available) around the top leaving about 1/2" exposed for the lid to sit on. Best mod i've made (almost not done yet:mrgreen:) PM me if you want to see the way i did mine (I live in the Buckeye area) Enjoy!

Back