The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Unread 11-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
MattG
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Cash Register

I'm looking for a good cash register for our vending trailer. Trying to keep it under $150. I think it would help us out during the rushes. Any help woul be great. Thanks

Check us out on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pots-BBQ/107610505962113
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
Teamfour
is One Chatty Farker

What do you want the register "to do"? When we did sales at markets we used a money box, calculator, and credit card knuckle buster. Today I would do CCs on a iPhone with one of the CC input devices. Unless you have a need to record every sale in detail, or track inventory, I would keep it simple.
BWS Party |UDS|Great Outdoors Propane Vertical|Maverick ET-73 |Maverick ET-732 |Super Fast Orange Thermapen | BBQ Guru DigiQ |Two 100 QT crawfish boiling rigs | LEM Meat Grinder | Grizzly Sausage Stuffer

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
MABA Member
Teamfour is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:01 AM   #3
CulinaireZaken
Found some matches.

I dont know if you have an ipad.
There are several good POS-apps available.
I only use a moneybox and a calculator...
CulinaireZaken is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
HBMTN
is One Chatty Farker

Been using this one for 3 years http://www.equippers.com/shop/produc...H%257cREGISTER Works great and tracks sales by time annd quanity.
HBMTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM   #5
mmcooker
Found some matches.

Staples has a register at a good price and easy to program and for credit cards with a smart phone the Sguare is great a 2.75% swipe fee...you can get it at Radio Shack for $10.00 and after you sign up and register...Square send you another reader. No problems....quick up dates. I charge a swipe fee and have no complaints.
mmcooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-11-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Teamfour
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcooker View Post
I charge a swipe fee and have no complaints.
Be real careful doing that. Unless done properly, it is in violation of credit card company policies.
BWS Party |UDS|Great Outdoors Propane Vertical|Maverick ET-73 |Maverick ET-732 |Super Fast Orange Thermapen | BBQ Guru DigiQ |Two 100 QT crawfish boiling rigs | LEM Meat Grinder | Grizzly Sausage Stuffer

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
MABA Member
Teamfour is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-12-2012, 05:00 AM   #7
kurtsara
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcooker View Post
Staples has a register at a good price and easy to program and for credit cards with a smart phone the Sguare is great a 2.75% swipe fee...you can get it at Radio Shack for $10.00 and after you sign up and register...Square send you another reader. No problems....quick up dates. I charge a swipe fee and have no complaints.
You don't even have to go to Radio Shack, you just sign up on the Internet and square will send you a card reader.