The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 10-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #1
superdan
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Wanna start competing...

Not sure if this is the right forum but what the heck... I am in Nor Cal and was trying to look at the California BBQ Association web site but it doesn't work well.
I was wondering if any of you guys are involved or knew of a site listing comps coming up. I couldn't find much googling around either.
Any advice would be awesome!
Thanks!
superdan is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
PatioDaddio
Babbling Farker

kcbs.us

John
PatioDaddio is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #3
kenthanson
Full Fledged Farker

The Pacific Northwest BBQ Assc also sanctions some contests in CA. www.PNWBA.com
kenthanson is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #4
Basted moral support guy
Knows what a fatty is.

Get to it! We kicked around the idea of competing for over a year before we did. Even then, it's because a friend of our cook had changed his mind about a contest and gave us his spot. It was on two weeks notice, and we used a borrowed smoker we'd never used, haha. We scored three calls, plus two calls in sides, securing a top ten finish, and it was the best feeling ever! We jumped in and are learning as.we go, but it's one of the most fun things I've ever done.

Unread 10-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #5
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Did you Register on the CBBQA site? I just logged in and it works fine for me. There are a lot of members that hang out here so I'm sure someone will chime in soon and hip you to upcoming events in the NorCal area.

Hell, I'm a dues paying member and I don't even live in California. You will meet a lot of very nice people in the area-get involved NOW!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-15-2012, 09:29 AM   #6
superdan
Full Fledged Farker

Awesome! Thanks guys. I'm all over those sites!
superdan is offline   Reply With Quote