The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 10-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #1
1BADHAWG
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default How Much To Pay For Used Smoker

thinking about buying a used Spicewine medium, it has the BBQ guru with 10 cfm fan, charcoal maze....lightly used..is 2300 to much??

Unread 10-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #2
neuyawk
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADHAWG View Post
thinking about buying a used Spicewine medium, it has the BBQ guru with 10 cfm fan, charcoal maze....lightly used..is 2300 to much??
Seems like a pretty good deal. New without guru is 3K. And if they're near you, you're saving a decent amount in shipping. These things are heavy so the shipping is no joke.

Unread 10-09-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 4

If its in good shape jump on it, I wish I could afford something like that. They look nice

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #4
dano
Full Fledged Farker

Sounds like a pretty good deal. Really nice from what I have heard. Seen a couple teams do really well with them.
1-800-745-6109
Authorized Stump's Smokers Dealer

dano is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
1BADHAWG
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

i hate to spend the $$ but it should last me few years...those of you that have vertical smokers do the door gaskets have to be replaced very often??if so is it a PITA?? that looks like the only thing i would have a question about. I have read nothing but good things about the spicewine products, the guy lives 40 miles from me and said he would throw in 8 bags of charcoal and a propane chimney starter....and deliver it..

Unread 10-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #6
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Downloads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADHAWG View Post
i hate to spend the $$ but it should last me few years...those of you that have vertical smokers do the door gaskets have to be replaced very often??if so is it a PITA?? that looks like the only thing i would have a question about. I have read nothing but good things about the spicewine products, the guy lives 40 miles from me and said he would throw in 8 bags of charcoal and a propane chimney starter....and deliver it..
If its been well taken care of - jump on that thing.

The Spicewine is a SOLID QUALITY unit... never heard one bad thing about it.... (except for moving the bugger).
Delivered with goodies is always a bonus!

Former smokers;
Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote