Try before you buy?

getyourrubonbbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Question, if you could test drive a smoker for a few days to help make up your mind on which direction to go would you do it? Where I'm going with this is going to start in a month or so and would like to get some feed back. Thinking of reverse flow and standard direct bottom feed smokers. You're input please....

I would think it could help. But, I would be more inclined to have the opportunity to cook with someone who can really run the smoker, to see how it operates properly. Hands on assisting of a person with knowledge would sell me the most.

I would think it could help. But, I would be more inclined to have the opportunity to cook with someone who can really run the smoker, to see how it operates properly. Hands on assisting of a person with knowledge would sell me the most.

^^^+1. I did that and got sold on a BWS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betcha you can find a local Brethren who knows how to handle a pit or two... and share an afternoon.
However it may take a while on an unfamiliar pit... to master its personalities and techniques in multiple weather conditions.

It begins with fire management before the meat goes on...

Other questions to consider.
What type of fuel?
How often do you want to tend the fire?
Is the smoker intended for comps?
Weight/space/trans-portability?

I'm thinking of purchasing a couple styles that we install on our trailers and demo them out to guys or let them rent them for the weekend and see what fits their needs. Not for more trailer sales, but to help new folks/teams interested in getting into the sport not spend a lot of money on a unit until they were sure about the direction they want to go. Thanks for all the input guys, that's what's so great about the Brethren!!

Back