Roll Call. Inside 30 days. 2nd annual High Point BBQ Battle Clarksburg, MD Oct 12-13 2012

bbqnjm

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
This yr is the first time sanctioned by KCBS. Just received the MD State Championship proclamation today.

The High Point Catering BBQ Battle, held annually, is a Kansas City Barbecue Society-sanctioned event, operating under KCBS rules. It is locally operated as a fundraising event on behalf of the Muscular Dystrophy Association by High Point Catering, the Montgomery County Career Firefighters Association and the Montgomery County Career Officers Association. Prizes will be awarded in four categories: Beef Brisket, Pork Ribs, Chicken and Pork. In addition, one team will be named Grand Champion of the event and win bragging rights for a year. Click here to download an event flyer or register. For more information, contact highpointbbq@comcast.net or High Point Catering, (301) 428-0650.

http://highpointbbqbattle.com/

Am I correct in understanding there is no electric included or for purchase? I do see mention that generators can be used.

I called both phone numbers and sent an email, not sure i want to bother if they cant communicate.

Everyone having their own generator (if that were the case) cold get pretty loud and stinky.

wallace

I received permission to post the following contact info. This contest needs help, FAST. Who's in for another contest?

So far we have:
3Eyz BBQ
Pavone Brothers BBQ
Jay Burkas BBQ
DCFC BBQ
BigBully BBQ

That's it and I just found this out yesterday.

We need 10 teams to sign up, in the next few days, to keep sanction.

Please do what you can. I appreciate any and all efforts.

This comp is out of my hands and I'm doing the best I can on my end.

Thank you!

Sharon Baharoff
C - 301.370.0795
O - 301.831.5600
theresnoplacelikehome@mris.com
www.highpointbbqbattle.com.

2nd Annual High Point BBQ Battle Oct. 12th and 13th

This has been a whirlwind week. We recieved our State Championship and just this evening, one of our great sponsors Sysco Foods has donated 1 brisket, 3 racks of ribs, and a pork butt to the first 20 teams to register. There will be electric available for a small fee. High Point Farm is a beautiful facility and there is plenty of room to spread out. E-mail or call me to register as we have extended the date to register to October 5, 2012. My e-mail is scott.graham@montogmerycountymd.gov and my cell is 240-876-1260.

Our site for additional info is www.highpointbbqbattle.com

Thanks to our KCBS friends Don and Nancy for helping us make this event successful.

Scott

Back