The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 09-08-2012, 05:48 AM   #16
scm1226
Take a breath!

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Send me a test kit and I will look into being a partner. That is the way you need to get a partner. Tests need to be done with someone in the states.
scm1226 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #17
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Yes I had sent out some pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by scm1226 View Post
Send me a test kit and I will look into being a partner. That is the way you need to get a partner. Tests need to be done with someone in the states.
Nearly no more feedback!
Less voice than the buyers.
Whom shall I trust.
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #18
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

As I said I need a partner financially strong.
If one can not afford to a US$158 kit, he must not be a candidate
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:30 AM   #19
Teamfour
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
As I said I need a partner financially strong.
If one can not afford to a US$158 kit, he must not be a candidate
Conversely, if you are not willing to sacrifice one unit to someone who wants to test it and perhaps become a distributor, then I would say you are not serious about expanding your company.

As someone who owns a race team, we get free products to test all the time in order to provide the mfr feedback, promote the product if it is good, and perhaps even sell the product at events.

I am not saying that you should give controllers to anyone that says they want to be a distributor. However you could ask questions of those people to determine if they are serious. Such as their marketing background, previous sales history, etc.

Folks here are really trying to help you be successful.
BWS Party |UDS|Great Outdoors Propane Vertical|Maverick ET-73 |Maverick ET-732 |Super Fast Orange Thermapen | BBQ Guru DigiQ |Two 100 QT crawfish boiling rigs | LEM Meat Grinder | Grizzly Sausage Stuffer

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
MABA Member
Teamfour is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #20
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Thanks for advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Conversely, if you are not willing to sacrifice one unit to someone who wants to test it and perhaps become a distributor, then I would say you are not serious about expanding your company.

As someone who owns a race team, we get free products to test all the time in order to provide the mfr feedback, promote the product if it is good, and perhaps even sell the product at events.

I am not saying that you should give controllers to anyone that says they want to be a distributor. However you could ask questions of those people to determine if they are serious. Such as their marketing background, previous sales history, etc.

Folks here are really trying to help you be successful.
As I said I did give away a few sets FREE.
But none really gave me feedback.
It is too hard for me to find whom I shall trust
Unread 09-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #21
IbrahimSS
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
You should be able to find people you trust by asking for qualifications. For example, before sending any new free products to anyone, make sure that person has the funds necessary to make the wholesale bulk purchase. You might also ask for someone to show they have experience as a distributor, etc. The list goes on.
18.5" WSM (Model #2820)
UDS
Used Lang 48 or Meadow Creek TS60 or Klose being hunted for so if you know of any PM me
IbrahimSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #22
pixcolor
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Perhaps you could talk to the folks at vision grills
http://www.visiongrills.com/
They seem to be growing their company steadily. They are bringing in ceramic grills from China at a good price point and are getting a good reputation for their customer service. They have very few accessories for their grills, and maybe they would like to add you controller to their accessories.
pixcolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 07:49 AM   #23
Squeal Appeal
Got Wood.

Wang the electronics that are being sold buy others are almost perfect in appearance and quality, as far as differance in operations,that is where your product is superior....If you can clean up your wires, the way the ends are fastened and don't use single wires . also ( Red wire for + Black for -) ... NEW Controller (not something with scratches an marks) The fan wiring needs to be secured to the fan, not just by being soldered, but secured with a bracket, Stay with the metal housing fan, not plastic, and come up with a light weight box encloser, Remember these aren't just installed and forgotten,,, the will be removed and installed alot, need to be more durable.........Main point ..If they are to be sold as new they need to Look Like New...A clean web site not all jumbled with all your products on 1 page, each item should have its on page for its information, setting, faqs,trouble shooting,etc...You also need a great customer service dept....
Instead of finding an investor, hire someone to be a rep. let them do what you need done,,Ship them your product, and let them take care of most of the problems...
Just my 2 cents
Squeal Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 08:13 AM   #24
Squeal Appeal
Got Wood.

Your shipping time is killing you !!!!!! You need a distributor or Rep. of your product here in the USA....but you need to perfect your products first...

Back-up, refine, perfect. I think you should have spent more time with your products before offering them for sale, Needed better developement, and research.....In doing that, your products would be in better demand ....
Squeal Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #25
WineMaster
Babbling Farker

Its made in the U.S.A.

MJH From Backyard Bomber BBQ -- Junior
YS 640 Comp
22.5 Weber Kettle
Blue Thermopen

Comp Team
Wine & Swine
WineMaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

At the risk of sounding too blunt:

1. Your end product is ugly. I would suggest picking new housing that is more appealing to the US customer and picking finishes that hide wires.

2. Your ebay listings are cluttered and confusing. It took me 20 minutes before I figured out the differences between the packages and im still not sure I understand them 100%.

3. DigiQ has been around for a long time and have earned the trust of the BBQ community. Although they are expensive everyone knows they work and work well. It has won many competitions for people.

What does make your products attractive is the price point and technical capabilities. At this price point your target market would be the average backyard BBQ'er and because of this I would suggest making your models very simplified+rugged. People in the US tend to value 'easy to use' and shiny things with bright colors, looks matter a lot.

The hesitation lies in the fact that not many people have used your product yet so there is risk in buying something that has no history.

The most common smokers that people will use with your product:

Weber Kettle (OTS, OTG)
Weber Smokey Mountain (Bullet, Weber SMS)
Big Green Egg (BGE)
Komado type
Ugly Drum Smokers (UDS)
Offset box smokers

One last note, I dont understand why a BBQ controller company hasnt made this yet but would you consider making a model that is rainproof? Being the only company that makes one may give you a competitive advantage.

Sorry if my comments were too harsh I was trying to give an honest opinion and not offend you.

Last edited by Toronto; 09-19-2012 at 10:20 PM..
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 03:26 AM   #27
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I am doing NEW hosing of WOLF and TIGER. I am expecting ready in 4 weeks
I am also think to place controller, fan inside a rainproof SS box.
a 3" feet long stainless corregated pipe conencts pit and the SS box.
There are two tye of SS box.
SS Box #1, smaller, just or fan and controller.
SS Box #2, bigger, holding fan, controller and Li-Ion battery
Unread 09-22-2012, 04:59 AM   #28
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I have SS box with different sizes of flange, which can be used directky on Big Green,Kamodo, Offset.
fan, controller, battery are placed inside the SS box.
It looks neat from outside
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #29
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
I am doing NEW hosing of WOLF and TIGER. I am expecting ready in 4 weeks
I am also think to place controller, fan inside a rainproof SS box.
a 3" feet long stainless corregated pipe conencts pit and the SS box.
There are two tye of SS box.
SS Box #1, smaller, just or fan and controller.
SS Box #2, bigger, holding fan, controller and Li-Ion battery
Quote:
I have SS box with different sizes of flange, which can be used directky on Big Green,Kamodo, Offset.
fan, controller, battery are placed inside the SS box.
It looks neat from outside
Although SS boxes are nice one downfall is that you cannot see through them to check on your controller. Here is a youtube video of someone making a rainproof box for the iQue, although it protects from rain it is very ugly looking.

Do you have prototype pictures of the new housing?

Maybe you can do a voting poll here to see which one looks best to the forum members?

Last edited by Toronto; 09-22-2012 at 11:07 AM..
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #30
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks! Youtube is blocked by China government.
Can you send me a picture.