ブタ
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 08-26-2012, 07:01 PM   #46
jetfxr27
is one Smokin' Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

What I used. A little cheaper, not as clean.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...10&cp_id=11009
Unread 02-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #47
Bikaone
Found some matches.

Hello to you...and i would like to ask you if you would be so nice...so many of us having major issues with the WiFi setup. It creates all kind of issues. My router is brand new. WD...decked out with features the latest model but cant find the WIFI signal. The computer can on the bottom corner it shows up as GL but it will not show up when i look for it in the control panel Network and sharing. I tried the manual TCP IP trick it didnt work. No webpage comes up with 192.168.1.15...It runs out of time and the windows7 swithes back to the default WD connection. Please help out if you could. How did you make yours working?.It is driving me nuts. .Thank so much for your time. This controller beaten up IT people to, so you would be our savior..Thanks...Bikaone
Bikaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #48
thegizzard
On the road to being a farker

Glad first creates a ad hoc connection. For some reason I was never able to connect to the ad hoc connection using the same Windows 7. In the end, I used my iPad to set up the lion. What operating system r u using?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:17 AM   #49
ChrisH
Got Wood.

Getting the Lion online was a huge hassle! As Mr Wang says different computers require different settings... Personally I don't buy it, the onus should be on him as the manufacturer/retailer. Interestingly, Rocks Smoker has some pretty useful documentation on their website. This helped: https://www.rocksbarbque.com/PDF/Stoker_inet.pdf

The steps I followed we these:

Firstly, connect to the Ad Hoc network on a computer, smartphone, tablet, etc doesn't really matter which and go to the supplied address (192.168.1.15). I found windows 7 chrome worked for the most part, but I do remember having to use Mozilla for a while. May have been a cookies issue, not sure. Safari on my iPhone and iPad worked most of the time, while m buddy with an android phone struggled to connect. Anyway, once connected play around with it to get a feel for the layout etc. you should be able to control your smoker from this point. This is as far as the provided guidance goes. Disconnect from the Golden Lion network.

Next, log into your router using a patch cable - I took the opportunity to install ddwrt, which is far more capable, open source firmware for various different routers. You will need to figure out your router's config page, often 192.168.1.1, and username and password, often admin/admin. At this point I would (temporarily) disconnect all other devices from the router. Disable security for your network and reboot the router.

Now, disconnect the patch cable and reconnect to the ad hoc golden lion network. Navigate to the IP address and select the wireless network settings option from the left. The username is admin and the password 000000. Change the SSID from GOLDEN-LION to whatever your home network SSID is, eg Smith Home etc. Change the network mode to infra. Leave the encryption as disabled for now.

In the network settings option below leave DHCP enable unchecked and enter a fixed IP address. It is critical that you keep the first 3 numbers of the address the same as those in your router's address. So if you router is at 192.168.1.1 then you need to pick address for your Lion in the 192.168.1.x format. You could leave it at .15, I think I chose .190, it just has to be a number less than 255 and cannot be .1. For the subnet use 255.255.255.0, for the default gateway use the IP address for your router, and for the DNS I used 8.8.8.8

Some routers may have an address in the 192.168.0.x range, just make sure you follow that format when choosing your IP address for the Lion.

Save your settings and you will find you are no longer connected to the GOLDEN-LION network, and in fact it no longer exists. Reconnect to your home network (eg Smith Home or whatever) and verify you have Internet access. Now navigate to your Lion using the IP address you just created, in my case 192.168.1.190, you should now have access to your controller while connected to your home network.

This is where it started to get tricky for me, clearly it would be less than ideal to leave your home network unprotected, so you want to re-enable the wifi security for your network. WPA2 is currently the most secure encryption you can get on a standard home network, so this is the one I wanted. I am trying to write this from memory as I am out of town and do not have access to my lion, so I cannot remember the exact options. Log into the wifi settings page on the lion, select your encryption type and enter the pass phrase. For WPA2 you want to select WPA2-PSK and the AES or CCMP option, do not select TKIP. As I said, I am trying to do this from a 6 month old memory of when I set mine up so this may not be exact. Save the settings for the Lion and then turn it off.

Now log into your router using a patch cable and re-enable network security, matching the same type and pass phrase you set on the Lion. Save and reboot your router, disconnect the patch cable. Turn on the Lion, and attempt to reconnect to your home wifi network, it should ask for a network key this time. You should now have access to the Internet and also your Lion (at its IP address) at the same time, behind a protected network. Great, huh?

It frustrates me that Mr Wang could not take the time to write a guide, or at least pay someone for doing it. This only took an hour or so, and I am trying to do this from memory. Maybe I should get paid?!

Next up, accessing the controller from the World Wide Web (like when you have to go to the grocery store as you've run out of beer)
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #50
ChrisH
Got Wood.

The document I linked from Rocks Stoker explains in a nutshell how to access the controller from the outside world, in a fairly rudimentary fashion. As it mentions the issue is that your ISP tends to change your IP address fairly frequently. If you follow the instructions given to set up port forwarding for your lion's IP address it would be possible to navigate to your modem's IP address and you could then access the lion from the outside world. It is fairly easy to figure out your current IP address by Googling "what is my IP". If you navigate to that address from an outside network, say on your smartphone using wireless data, you should be 'forwarded' to the Lion.

It would be rather unfortunate if in the middle of an overnight smoke, your ISP decided to change your IP address. The solution is what is called a dynamic DNS service. There are multiple companies that offer these services, and they start at $free and up. Depending on how much you are willing to pay, you could potentially have our own web address, such as www.bobsbbq.com, and navigating there would give you outside access to your smoker controller.

Personally, I chose a free service provided by no-ip.com that I am more than happy with. I have an address along the lines of mysmoker.no_ip.org (I don't want to give out my actual site to prevent anyone from ruining my food! A nice feature for the lion would be a password for the temp settings page.

You need to make sure that the dynamic dns service is supported by your router's firmware. Another reason for ddwrt, it had a bunch to chose from, whereas the old dlink that I was originally experimenting did not seem to support any dynamic dns that had a free service. Ho hum.

First things first, figure out which dynamic dns service is compatible with your router, and register for an account with that company. Easy, right?

Now, log into your router and access the Dynamic DNS page. Every router will be different (Mr Wang WAS right) however, they will all ask for the same basic information: the web address you just registered with your dynamic dns service (eg bbqbrethren.dyndns.com) and the IP address of your Lion (that one is easy, you must have typed it in at least 20 times now) and possibly also a port number, also easy 80.

Save your settings and reboot the router. Verify that you can no log into the Lion form an outside network using your new website.

This guide would probably be a whole lot better if I had access to the lion and my router, then I could do screenshots and everything! Anyway, I hope this is helpful to someone.
ChrisH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #51
maxjax
Got rid of the matchlight.

I have a Lion and inadvertently put it into DHCP mode and left it in AdHoc mode. Now I don't seem to have an easy way to access the setup page short of setting up a DHCP server on the Golden-Lion SSID.

Does anyone know if I can "reset to defaults" or know what the Golden-Lion IP address will default to after a DHCP timeout?

Thanks in advance.
maxjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 12:23 PM   #52
thegizzard

Yes. You can reset it and it will go back into ad hoc mode.

The instructions are on the manual page online. I found it with the wolf manual I believe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #53
maxjax
Got rid of the matchlight.

To reset you hold the three middle buttons down while turning on the power. it was in the Wolf manual.
maxjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #54
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
It frustrates me that Mr Wang could not take the time to write a guide, or at least pay someone for doing it. This only took an hour or so, and I am trying to do this from memory. Maybe I should get paid?!
If you did your due diligence you would have known this before you purchased instead of after it. It sounds to me like you would be a lot better off buying a BBQ GURU setup instead or at the very least asked the right questions before you made your purchase. The kind of support/hand holding you are looking for BBQ GURU will offer but the trade off is you will also have to pay their prices. It appears to me their high pricing structure includes money for a tech support line.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 07:50 PM   #55
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

I am so sorry for lack services of the LION by myself.
I will not sell the LION anymore.
An American company will sell it in a different brand, and certainly different price.
My retail price of LION package is $228 plus shipping of $30 ,total $258
Suggested retail price will be $358.
You will have a professional IT man online or on phone to help you.
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:05 PM   #56
huntin smoke

mine works but it was because I have a friend that has owned an internet company for 20 years. I owe him a really nice dinner for his trouble. You can check it out on my website. I also had to purchase a new modem since mine did not support ip forwarding.

http://bbq.wildfire.net/
Unread 02-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #57
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin smoke View Post
mine works but it was because I have a friend that has owned an internet company for 20 years. I owe him a really nice dinner for his trouble. You can check it out on my website. I also had to purchase a new modem since mine did not support ip forwarding.

http://bbq.wildfire.net/
Glad to hear the LION works.
Sorry to hear that you have to spend extra money on a nice dinner.
I should point out first of all that the buyer of the LION needs IT knowledge
Or the buyer needs to pay extra $100 for service.
It was my fault.
Can you keep http://bbq.wildfire.net/ alive a few weeks.
I must give you a free wGrill as compensation for my fault.

wGrill is a bbq thermometer with WIFI ,two probes.
wGrill is indeed a simplified model of LION, just lack of CONTROL but Keep feature of Monitor. You can access wGrill to Internet as LION.
Unread 03-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #58
huntin smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
Glad to hear the LION works.
Sorry to hear that you have to spend extra money on a nice dinner.
I should point out first of all that the buyer of the LION needs IT knowledge
Or the buyer needs to pay extra $100 for service.
It was my fault.
Can you keep http://bbq.wildfire.net/ alive a few weeks.
I must give you a free wGrill as compensation for my fault.

wGrill is a bbq thermometer with WIFI ,two probes.
wGrill is indeed a simplified model of LION, just lack of CONTROL but Keep feature of Monitor. You can access wGrill to Internet as LION.
That sounds great. I will keep it up and running for a couple of weeks. The wgrill sounds interesting. Let me know what you need to know so you can send it to me. Thanks
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #59
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

wGrill will be ready around 10th of March, and I will send to you.
Hope you can access it to Internet and keep it alive a few weeks.

If possible,you post reviews on other BBQ forums, that will be a great help to me.
Unread 03-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #60
huntin smoke

Sounds good thanks Wang