The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 07-29-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Apology to Squeal Appeal and Thanks for Your Payment at Last

Good to hear that you received my controller and burner.
Thanks for your payment again in Paypal.
and Apology for my other post that I say cheat and lie.

1.Regarding the burner
The cover is designed as water tight, you can simply pour water around the cover.
Add lining by fire cement or even mud around walls beneath the grate.
Also add short lining( 1 " high) around walls just on top of the burning element, the cubic metal structure.
Different size of fuels need different grate. You better use broken charcoal by present grate, which is cheaper than wood pellet. If you must use pellet, the grate is OK too. Even some pellet falls down the grate, just leave it, it will continue to burn as the burner is reverse flow

2.Regarding the controller, please explain in detail. Basically it shall be good.
woodpelletsmoker is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Squeal Appeal
Got Wood.

Thanks Wang !.
1. Water around cover sealed the burner so the smoke and heat went into burner.
2. I did load a bin full of pellets, problem is fire went all the way to the top of bin , i guess you can call it a burn through, or total burn inside fuel bin.
3. I did manage to get the Temp up to 210 on manual, but my cooker is probably to big, no problem.
4. The contol unit acted strange, when on auto and pit temp showing 190 it suddenly showed 100 deg for about 2 min , then went to 174 for about 1 min. I had to turn unit off and back on to read correct pit temp of 190...when i say suddenly i mean pit temp was 190 then 100 then 174 no gradual change.. It did this on all settings of Single stage, and when all stages were loaded...Had Single stage at 1. 215 deg 2. 250 3. low alarm 175 4. high alarm 255..did this all afternoon while i watched ....
Squeal Appeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

2. I did load a bin full of pellets, problem is fire went all the way to the top of bin , i guess you can call it a burn through, or total burn inside fuel bin.

If your water tight seal works, there will not be smoke out of cover. Burn can only happen inside burning element, the position against the air inlet.
Do you add lining on top of burning element. the lining also acts as seal.
If no lining, burner may happen a little higher than burning element

Regarding controller, I never meet this problem. Seems strange. I need you to send back for exchange a new piece. As a compensation I can send you an extra meat probe
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #4
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

How did you light the pellet.
If cover is water tight sealed, fire can never go up to the full bin, or burn through
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

This morning I just received a feedback from other buyer of burner.
There must not be technical problem of burner.
In your case I guess that it is due to lack of lining on top of burning element, which creates a by-pass of air between wall of burner and burning element

Just for the purpose of your confidence on my burner,
To: zhaohui wang <sale@allchinas.com>
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 5:44 AM
Subject: Wolf controller

Hello,

I have been using the pellet burner and Wolf controller you made for me. It works very well , but I do have 1 question. On the Wolf controller, is there a way to set the minimum fan speed? The problem I am seeing is that on manual the lowest few settings the fan doesn't spin. The fan doesn't start turning until I move it up a few settings. This affects the auto function as well since the temp has to drop several degrees before the fan kicks on. Thanks!
( comment by manufacturer: leave the controller work its own way, do not disturb, after 20 minutes, temperature will be stable)
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
Squeal Appeal
Got Wood.

Default Pellet lighting 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
How did you light the pellet.
If cover is water tight sealed, fire can never go up to the full bin, or burn through
I went in through the smoker door ,put paper inside of ash box and added flame, waited a minute and turned on fan .(manual)
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:57 PM   #7
bbqbull

Downloads: 1

I for one am thrilled that things finally got ironed out!
Speaking as one moderator here I am thrilled that things are mission accomplished.

KC I miss your advice.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Klose Mobile Pit
Klose Owners Reccomended Pit
Cookshack Smokette
Gasser
Little Chief Smoker
Large BGE
Gifted to me my Pit Barrel Smoker
bbqbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeal Appeal View Post
I went in through the smoker door ,put paper inside of ash box and added flame, waited a minute and turned on fan .(manual)
If you light this, you must open the cover of burner.
You shall do this way:
empty burner. Light a few pieces of paper, throw in burning element, turn fan on manually, set adequate fan speed, throw in a few pieces charcoal, turn fan speed at maximum, when charcoal is red burning, put in pellet, place cover of burner on place, pour water around cover, there should be no smoke out of cover of burner. done!
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:19 PM   #9
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Controller problem:
It seems a problem of pit probe. Please exchange probes of meat and pit. I mean that inserting meat probe into pit socket
Unread 07-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #10
Squeal Appeal
Got Wood.

i'll do some more testing tomorrow..about sealing? am i to seal around housing that has holes in it. at the outer edges around fuel box, not the burner plate with tubes...I also did light as you stated, except i put in about 4 pieces of lite charcoal, turned on blower, blast of fire up from burner, then added 1/2 bin of pellets closed cover , added water.. no smoke or fire...My pretty Stainless box is now blued in the middle... I'll try the probe swap,and take some photos,
Unread 07-30-2012, 05:12 AM   #11
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Unread 07-30-2012, 05:15 AM   #12
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Unread 07-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #13
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

What a disaster.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #14
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

This burner combined with my controller can upgrade your offset grill to an automatic grill.
It will burn 10+ hours at 225 F automatically.
You do not need babysitting and can sleep all night
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #15
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

construction of the burner