The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Unread 07-10-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
Pitts
Knows what a fatty is.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Chicken burgers and dogs for 200 men. How much of each do i need ?

My boss just asked me if I could help him put together something here at work. The date is August 1st. Cooking for three different shifts. Not all at once. Probably 60 ppl at once each time. At the same time I was texting a friend who asked me to help him with cooking at a rugby tournament August 4th !!!! Same type food. Please help with quantities. There will be 60 rugby players plus visitors. HELP :)
Pitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #2
FLAQUE
On the road to being a farker

The number 1 rule in in catering or feeding people for that matter is don't run out of food. So it's good that you're expecting 180 ppl but are planning for 200 people. I would guess that a regular guy would eat 2 of the 3 meat choices you mentioned. So to make it simple. 2 portions per person X 200 ppl=400 portions. 400 portion /3 meats=133.33 portions of each meat. You can round up or down as you see fit. That may be alot of food if you have sides. You also have to think will it be a buffet or will you dish out the food. People tend to take more if they are serving themselves. I have found doing catering that people are more than happy to take leftovers if they're avaiable. Hope this helps. Let is know how it goes.
Unread 07-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
SmokinAussie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

What's your plan on the Chicken Burgers?

Are you going to make patties, or grill portioned breasts. What's your allowable budget etc...

This will make a big difference in what you order and ow you prep.

Cheers!

Bill
Just remember... the standard has gone up. You Americans are getting good at LAMB!

IMBAS Certified MOINK BALLER (NOSKOS RULE)
"Bullet Bill" WSM
"Blue Lou" Performer
Too many other bits of BBQ Gear to count!

SmokinAussie is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
luke duke
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAussie View Post
What's your plan on the Chicken Burgers?
I'm guessing that he meant "chicken, burgers..."
luke duke is offline   Reply With Quote