The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 03-13-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
BBQ Bros
On the road to being a farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default EPIC Homemade Mac and Cheese with Tomatoes recipe to share

Got this one from a good friend that came over for a BBQ this past Sat. One of the best Mac and Cheese recipes I've had yet. Soooooooo good. I took a pic too to share with you to get the drooling started...

Enjoy-
Steve

Ingredients

Salt and Pepper
1 lb elbow macaroni 1 (28 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
½ cup all purpose flour
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
4 cups half-and-half
1 cup chicken broth (you can also use ham broth)
4 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Cooking Instructions

1) Cook macaroni
Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large Dutch oven. Stir in 1 Tbsp salt and macaroni and cook until al dente, (6 min). Drain pasta and return to pot. Pour tomatoes with juice over pasta. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed ( 5 min)

2) Make sauce
Melt butter in med saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Stir in flour and cayenne and cook until golden, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in half-and-half and broth until smooth. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until mixture is thickened (15 min). Off heat, stir in cheeses, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper until cheese melts. Pour sauce over macaroni and stir to combine.

3) Bake
Scrape into 9x13 inch casserole. Set in rimmed cookie sheet. Bake until top begins to brown, 15-20 min. Let sit for 10 min before serving
Attached Images
File Type: jpg macncheese_large.jpg (45.6 KB, 247 views)

[URL="http://bbqbros.net"][B][COLOR="Red"]BBQ Bros Blog[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/StokedOnSmoke"][B][COLOR="Red"]BBQ Bros YouTube Channel[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[URL="http://www.facebook.com/pages/BBQ-Bros/227164197360480"][B][COLOR="Red"]BBQ Bros Facebook[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[URL="https://twitter.com/#!/BBQBrosBlog"][B][COLOR="Red"]BBQ Bros Twitter[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
BBQ Bros is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2012, 06:09 PM   #2
Gator BBQ
Got Wood.

This junk is amazing! I used a can of Rotel Original instead of the regular. Turned out great. Thanks for sharing!

Unread 05-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Brian in Maine
is One Chatty Farker

I think that I feel my arteries hardening.

2 WSMs
2 OTG One red one black
22 1/2" black Bar-B-Kettle with rotisserie ring
Brinkman dual zone charcoal grill
Webber Silver Genises B
3 burner camp stove
Brian in Maine is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
bluetang
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sounds pretty dang fine, thanks for the recipes share.

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Added to the list!. I love mac n cheese, and this one looks like a keeper.
EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | Ladybug SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with red nipples | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | Simpsons OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | LBGE | sbge | mini bge
caliking is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made, homemade, mac n cheese, macaroni and cheese, recipe