What have they got to hide?

Be glad to, Ray. The non-disclosure agreement will be signed by directors and staff of KCBS. In my opinion, it should cover all discussions on all topics held in closed sessions present and past, live or recorded. It will cover matters that are "proprietary" to KCBS that only the staff know that shouldn't be in open discussion with anyone who doesn't need to know. . It's an extension of fiduciary responsibility. When someone is elected as a KCBS director, they have a duty to KCBS. Many times situations arise where personal motives, desires, ambitions and relationships conflict with that first duty to KCBS. A nondisclosure agreement is a physical reminder of personal responsibility to KCBS.

Thanks for answering. I do understand the need for NDAs and I sign them all the time.

But the real question was does this one go BEYOND the proprietery info. If I can interpret all of your answers I'd say that is still in discussion. I think limiting discussion of the open meeting with members is ridiculous.

This has a big feeling of Deja Vu for me. I can't help but feel this comes from somewhere besides Candy and I'm not talking about the lawyer.

Once all NDAs have been executed, would you vote to allow current board members to hear the recordings of past executive sessions before they vote whether or not to delete them?
This is a good question and deserves and answer. Don't Board members and officers by the nature of their position always have blanket need to know?

Do the directors also have to sign a non-compete?

I have one thing to say about all of this. Although I voted to not destroy and records, I have ZERO use for any of the past closed session meeting recordings! I don't want to hear them and I don't want to know what they said. I prefer we move forward with the business at hand to make KCBS better and not be so damned worried about the past. If we keep looking backwards, we're gonna trip over what's in front of us and fall on our faces! Three months feels like three years at times when I read stuff like this thread!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

In some instances, I agree. I don't need to know what all the damned fighting, threats and other BS was all about to do my job. If it takes listening to that garbage, maybe I'm not the person for this job. I prefer not to be polluted.

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives." - James Madison

In some instances, I agree. I don't need to know what all the damned fighting, threats and other BS was all about to do my job. If it takes listening to that garbage, maybe I'm not the person for this job. I prefer not to be polluted.

I agree whole heartedly with Jeff on this one. There is a lot of ugliness that can get slung around and it doesn't do anything but throw negative into the BOD. Anything that needed motions afterwards went into records that anyone can see and problems solved. Rehashing issues with people, names and incidents are in the past and we need to move on. Why does the BOD want to stir the pot? Get on with business. There's too many issues that need to get finished.

Bunny

Back