New Smoker

Seriously nice looking rig you have there. How much are these?

Off his site

Standard Specs: All Smokers - $3,995

Exterior Dimensions: 32d.51w.67h (to top to stack)
Interior Dimension: 24d.30w.32h
Racks: 5 racks spaced 6" apart
Racks are 24d.30w
Coal: 15+lbs
Consumption: 3/4 lb to 1lb per hr
2" insulation around pit and 4" around the coal chute
Offset charcoal chute to eliminate hot spot
Raised charcoal chute to prevent water intrusion into the chute
Powder coated finish - red or black standard
2,300 degree rated insulation
1,000 degree rated door seal
12ga rolled steel construction w/ 2" tubular stee frame and 1/2" plate steel construction for the fire box and charcoal chute
Included - Smoker with 5- cooking racks. Spaced 6"
Cooking chamber opens 190°
Heavy duty difusser plate has 1" air gap for safety
High temperature 1000° door gaskets
1/2" thick steel fire grate
Standard casters
4" deep removable grease pan
Four heay duty welded colled rolled tie down loops
3" dial Tel-tru themometer with 6" stem
Heavy duty ash pan for fire box
1- 1/2" O.D. 24" heavy duty S.S. door handle

OPTIONS

Heavy duty dolly system w/ pneumatic wheels (Pictured) - $300
GURU DigiQ kit w/ 10cfm fan - $300
Stainless latches - $175
4 sets extra sliders - $120
Extra racks - $50 each
Hinge style tie downs (set of 4) - $75
Custom color powder coating - $250
Standard Trailer mount w/ lights - $900
Upgraded trailer wheels - $325

Congrats on a very nice smoker. I just bought a smoker from Scott at SteelCraft a few weeks ago. He builds some very nice, heavy duty smokers.

You get the black one? Scott's quality is the best I have seen in a cabinet.

Go dawgs...at the Master's.....

Oh yeah, Bubba made us proud. Go Dawgs.

To stay on topic, I'll tell you again what a great looking smoker that is you're getting from Steelcraft. Congrats Bro Dawg.

Congrats! I love the wheels on that thing. I bet it's easy to put exactly where you want it.

--Mike

Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!! When my Backwoods Competitor that i just bought wears out, I might need to talk to you about one of these.

Last edited:
That's one heck of a nice looking cabinet there! Can't wait to see it filled up!

I saw one of those side by side with a Stumps....Steelcraft wins!

Ok, I've had time to cook on this thing a little. Here is my initial review: First, it is probably the best built/highest craftsmanship smoker that I have put my hands on. The welding is superb..it is completely seamless and welded from top to bottom. It is built out of very heavy metal...it will be here for my great grand kids....and I'm 36 y/o. The powder coat is very nice....durable and easy to clean. Second, it comes up to temp really well for it's size...I use a guru w/ a 10cfm fan and can have it at 250 in about 1.5hrs. Third, it is super efficient. Burns a smidge less than a lb/hr at 250. Fourth, heat profile....fairly even from L to R and very predictable from bottom to top. Fifth, can run it up to 425...from start to 425 and level was about 3.5hrs.

The only negative on this unit is the weight. It is every bit of 800lbs. The dually casters really help...moving it is easy on hard surface but if you gotta go over dirt get the big tires.....and a buddy.

If anyone is looking for a gravity unit with this kind of capacity....give the Steelcrafts a peek.

Biscuit profile to be done this weeekend...will post pics and results!!!! Also, a really good friend of mine has a Stumps Stretch....we're planning on doing a side by side with pron and results......this will be interesting!!!!

I cooked on one of his first prototypes and was impressed!! As Andy mentioned the bugger is heavy and will be around for while. If you purchase one I know you will not be disappointed!

Man, that's a super nice cooker. The craftsmanship seems impeccable on all of the Steelcraft units that I've seen posted in this forum. Maybe someday ...

Man, that's a super nice cooker. The craftsmanship seems impeccable on all of the Steelcraft units that I've seen posted in this forum. Maybe someday ...

I'm also gonna stick a big ol' Dawg "G" on it!!!!

Back