MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #106
TTNuge
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T BBQ View Post
We dropped in on TTNUGE today and let me tell you the smoker looks even better in person. What a great job on this thing. Its going to serious turn out some nice pron in the coming weeks. I really like the craftsmanship on the welds and how square the unit ended up being. LIke he said, he is working on a system to move it around and get it loaded and unloaded from the trailer. It weighs about the same as a good gun safe so this is no lightweight. Looking forward to seeing you and Spears next week at comp judging class. It was a real pleasure to be able to drop by and see your setup!
It was great meeting you and shooting the bull for a bit. Thanks for the compliments, I tried my best and when I didn't know any better I jut winged it. Hopefully the pron is good, looking forward to getting down to business. See you this weekend and hopefully many more times at comps!

Old 03-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #107
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

I know I've seen this cooker several times in person, but the dang thing looks like it is growing! I wonder how many cuss words we will have to use to get this on the trailer the first time? At least we'll know if we can get this on the trailer than my NEW Toy (which we are keeping secret for the time being) will be a piece of cake!

The Beast: 500 Gallon Homemade Reverse Flow
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187401[/url]
Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2
speers90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #108
TTNuge
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by speers90 View Post
I know I've seen this cooker several times in person, but the dang thing looks like it is growing! I wonder how many cuss words we will have to use to get this on the trailer the first time? At least we'll know if we can get this on the trailer than my NEW Toy (which we are keeping secret for the time being) will be a piece of cake!

I figured you were holding out on mentioning the new Toy.

Did I mention I bought a 12volt winch? I should probably just mount it permanently to my smoker because I think it will be needed to move it any and everywhere.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:09 PM   #109
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTNuge View Post

Did I mention I bought a 12volt winch? I should probably just mount it permanently to my smoker because I think it will be needed to move it any and everywhere.
I think we are going to need to use it to get both cookers in the trailer! We may have both lost our minds

Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2

Old 03-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #110
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
I know nothing........

Quote:
Now where did that idea come from? Heheh. You guys are the competition, gotta stop trying to help you out. HEHE. Its all about the brotherhood. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys this weekend. Should be fun!

Old 03-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #111
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

EPIC build!

Nice job my friend!
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 PM   #112
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple T BBQ View Post
I know nothing........

Now where did that idea come from? Heheh. You guys are the competition, gotta stop trying to help you out. HEHE. Its all about the brotherhood. Looking forward to hanging out with you guys this weekend. Should be fun!
Should be a fun weekend, with many more to come! Just have to keep a lid on the secret for another couple of days, it should be here on friday.

Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2

Old 04-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #113
TTNuge
Full Fledged Farker

We have a roller!!!!

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics but you get the idea.

Got about 2" of clearance, still have to cut my smokestack down to about 2" and it'll be at 65.5" tall and *should* fit inside the door of the trailer. Thinking of making the smokestack detachable so it will fit but I can still run it at full height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #114
speers90
is One Chatty Farker

Looks good, maybe next weekend we should practice getting these things in the trailer!

Weber 22"
Cajun Fryer FF2

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #115
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

looks great! nice job.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #116
mcbrew13
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Great looking build. I have a similar issue with a 700# vertical that I need to roll in and out of the trailer. What did you end up getting for a winch? I was looking at ATV winches to mount in the front of the trailer. What's your plan?
mcbrew13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #117
TTNuge
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbrew13 View Post
Great looking build. I have a similar issue with a 700# vertical that I need to roll in and out of the trailer. What did you end up getting for a winch? I was looking at ATV winches to mount in the front of the trailer. What's your plan?
I got a cheap winch at Northern tool that is rated for 2000#'s. I am still working on a way to make it more "portable" instead of having to mount it because I have at least 2 trailers I'll need to load it on. I was thinking of some sort of 1/4" plate with a clevis or heavy duty eye loop on it that I can use to attach somehow.

The other option is that I will mount it to a bar that will attach to the legs on one side of my smoker with some sort of quick release pins. That way I can detach it when not needed and don't have to worry about it getting too wet or too hot. Problem with this is that we'd also like to be able to use the winch to load up the other smoker as well.

So definitely a work in progress but the winch was like $70 on sale.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #118
morgaj1
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
I got a cheap winch at Northern tool that is rated for 2000#'s. I am still working on a way to make it more "portable" instead of having to mount it because I have at least 2 trailers I'll need to load it on. I was thinking of some sort of 1/4" plate with a clevis or heavy duty eye loop on it that I can use to attach somehow.

The other option is that I will mount it to a bar that will attach to the legs on one side of my smoker with some sort of quick release pins. That way I can detach it when not needed and don't have to worry about it getting too wet or too hot. Problem with this is that we'd also like to be able to use the winch to load up the other smoker as well.

So definitely a work in progress but the winch was like $70 on sale.
I don't know what your trailer situation is, but could you weld a receiver hitch on both trailers? Then mount the winch on a plate welded to a trailer receiver. That way, you could attach it to each and then remove it when not needed.

Congress is like 2 drunks arguing about the bar tab on the Titanic.
morgaj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 PM   #119
mykeystoy
Full Fledged Farker

I like the removable stack idea. Excellent build, very cool. as for loading maybe some reinforcement for the front of the trailers using square stock and slightly larger stock with one side removed with holes in each for dowels to drop in to secure it. Weld on a plate onto large open stock mount winch and you have a quick release. I don't know maybe I am making it harder than it need be.
mykeystoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #120
TTNuge
Full Fledged Farker

It's home! Cut off the stack and sleeved it so it's removable. I'll take some better pics once I have some better light.

Birthday ribs on Friday! I got the day off so I plan on putting a full bag of Royal Oak lump in the basket and firing it up first thing in the morning. May do a biscuit test and then the ribs and then we'll see how long she'll cruise at 275 before I would need to add more charcoal. I plan on graphing the whole thing out using StokerLog.

Here she is loaded up on the trailer for the ride home.

Trent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tags
backwoods, build, clone, stumps, Superior