• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Ripped off by local BGE dealer??? Opinions needed

Enjoy your egg and quit second guessing things.

Let your GF know she bought you the best present ever.

I called the mothership...gave them the whole run down, and I'm a little more at ease. Problem is so many local dealers have been sitting on models forever that they advertise the same set up significantly discounted.

As far as mis matched serial numbers go, they also put out some fire. Mis matching serials are not only common, it's almost impossible to get a match set because they are not manufactured as a 1 piece unit.

I just hated the feeling of her getting taken advantage of. She self admitted it was a little over what she wanted to lay out in the first place, but knew how happy id be.

If I did in fact find it at a cheaper price I would have been honest with her, but the price shopping will stop now, and i'll just keep on cooking!!!

Thanks for all the help guys and girls, keep smokin!

My opinion.....be honest!

If she got taken, deal with that privately with the dealer. If you've used it and can't return it you may be up chit creek, but if he's a reputable dealer it shouldn't matter. Call em out on it. I'd find the better deal, get it in writing and take that to the place she bought it.

If your GF is gonna get pissed because you're trying to be honest with her and look out for her money and best interest, then you've got another problem. If your relationship works better when you're deceiving each other, you've got a much bigger problem in the future.

I'd handle it first, then bring the solution and results to her. If she's in it for the long haul then she'll appreciate the whole thing.

My $0.02

Either way.....congrats on the birthday gift!:thumb:
\
Totally agree

I think that price is definitely a little steep. However, I think you should just thank your girlfriend again and not say anything or make a big deal of it. You don’t want her to feel bad. Take her out to a nice dinner or better yet, make her one on your new BGE to show your appreciation.

If it was me, I would smile and keep it. It was a gift, and if you hadn't seen the receipt, you would still be happy and wouldn't have noticed the difference.

Even if you get the money back, and she seems fine with it...this will always eat at her in some way. There is no way this won't eat at her, even if it's because she blames herself for getting ripped off.

Just my opinion.

Back