The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Sales and Ventures > Brethren Ventures > Gravity Fed smokers and Grills

Notices

Gravity Fed smokers and Grills We are the inventors of these Gravity Fed Smokers and Grills. Innovative and efficient, these BBQ Grills and smokers can burn multi-fuel of charcoal, Wood Pellet, Wood Chunks, Wood Logs and reach temps of 300C or 572 F.

Unread 02-07-2012, 09:34 AM   #61
va_connoisseur
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
I must need professional to write operation manual.
Send me a PM. I write training manuals for a living.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #62
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

WPS, Do you have an approximate date when my order will be arriving?

Thx,

T3BBQ
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:12 AM   #63
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Air and Land mail usually takes 3 weeks

SAL, air and land mail takes 3 weeks
woodpelletsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #64
mgcolby
Got rid of the matchlight.

Do you have any screen shots of the web interface? Does it log the cook like a Stoker? I'm very interested in buying one but would like to know some of this before purchasing.

Last edited by mgcolby; 02-16-2012 at 07:06 PM..
mgcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #65
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default please check this link

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
Do you have any screen shots of the web interface? Does it log the cook like a Stoker? I'm very interested in buying one but would like to know some of this before purchasing.
www.allchinas.com/probe/wifi.htm
Unread 02-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #66
mgcolby
Got rid of the matchlight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpelletsmoker View Post
so it doesn't do real time temperature logging like the Stoker? That was the feature that had me wanting the wifi. If not then the remote one would probably do.
mgcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 02:28 PM   #67
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Apparently mine has arrived. I have to swing by my office to pick it up but I look forward to playing with it this weekend.
WWWWFBBQADD
0 out of 1 members found this post helpful

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #68
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Yes I is the real time temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgcolby View Post
so it doesn't do real time temperature logging like the Stoker? That was the feature that had me wanting the wifi. If not then the remote one would probably do.
I do not know stoker and I never use it.
You can view temperature and change settings by your computer in real time.
It does not have diagram of time via temperature and output voltage
I will add the diagram in next production
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #69
colonel00

Well, I have been playing with mine for a little bit now in the kitchen and overall I am pretty impressed. I plan to do a full review shortly along with a long cook. I do have a couple of questions though. With the remote I can switch to manual mode but I cannot seem to figure out how to adjust the fan speed in manual mode with the remote. Is there something I am missing? Also, in the photos below I show both probes. My assumption is that the probe with the nut is the pit probe and the nut is there so the probe can be attached to the pit. However, this probe is noticeably smaller than the other probe. Since they both have dull ends I was curious as to whether I have guessed correctly about which probes are which and why the meat probe is so large?

WWWWFBBQADD

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Unread 02-17-2012, 07:58 PM   #70
colonel00

Also, do you have a company name? You have named your products but I do not know what your product line is called. All Chinas?
WWWWFBBQADD

Unread 02-18-2012, 01:28 AM   #71
woodpelletsmoker
is One Chatty Farker

Default Tiger, wireless remote control

1.You can press "+ -" on the TIGER to adjust Fan speed.
But you can not change fan speed on handy set.

2.Both probes are same technically. The outer port is for Pit temperature, and the inner port is for meat temperature.

3.This is more a hobby than a business. If you American accept it, I will upgrade it to a formal business. So far technically it is successful, but commercial it is uncertain. I sell about 20 pieces per month. This sale can not support a formal business. Hope I can find An American partner soon.
Unread 02-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #72
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

WPS, can you explain how the wireless function works? I ordered the unit with wireless but did not get the handset remote monitor. I am interested in what it is capable of? IE does it connect with a webserver or have a built in webserver I can connect to from my laptop? Is there a PDF of the functions and document describing the operation on this unit? It finally arrived yesteday and I am just taking it out of the box today.
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #73
colonel00

Triple T, based on the images here, it looks like you connect to Lion just like if it was a wireless router. I am guessing that it should be broadcasting its SSID and you should be able to find it. That covers a direct connection from a PC, laptop or phone but I still don't see how you actually connect the Lion to the "internet" where you can view the cook via a browser.

http://www.allchinas.com/probe/wifi.htm
WWWWFBBQADD

Unread 02-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #74
Triple T BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks Brad. It looks like it has a basic router/bridge settings in it so it can connect with your wireless router. It also seems to have a basic web server in it to allow you to browse to the unit and see the prop temps. Thats all good. I can either open up a port on the home firewall to this unit and only allow port 80 traffic to come through, or I can setup and SSL (Secure Tunnel) across the internet to smoker controller. What I am really interested in is if it has anyway to send out information, say like email, log files, etc so one could allow it to post info to another application or even a social network site. I may have to write something to poll the web interface and then repost it then.

Any idea what the default password is for the admin screen? Will start with admin and password once I locate a 12volt transformer to use with this thing. Frankly I am a little under impressed with the whole thing so far. Nice idea but is needs a bit of refinement in my opinion.
Unread 02-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #75
colonel00

Yeah, I know someone asked about logging and Wang said it would be a feature in an upcoming version. Good to see that you know networking. I don't think it would take much for someone to write a front end for the controller that really took advantage of some of the possibilities like you mention.
WWWWFBBQADD