拉猪肉
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 12-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #31
kurtsara
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I am glad we pay with cash all the time

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:20 PM   #32
Smoke'n Ice
is one Smokin' Farker

No notice but my bank, Chase, stopped my card after suspicious activity ie. charge in Ohio at a Macy's, donation to American Red Cross in Washington DC and a purchase in Florida. Had several thousand dollars tied up for a few weeks until they investigated and refunded my account. Will be having a conversation tomorrow with RD where I used my card during the period and will have to check to see if the new one was used in the same time frame. $%#$$ fratz. It is a real pain in the a$$. Thanks for the info, was trying to figure out where my card was compromised.
Smoke'n Ice is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-05-2011, 07:24 PM   #33
Pig Headed
Babbling Farker

RD did say they would pay for any expenses incurred by your bank for those whose card info was hacked.

Pigheaded BBQ Team
www.pigheadedbbq.com
KCBS CBJ

Stumps Stretch (Raquel) Eagles Green.
1 -22" Weber WSM, 1 - 18"Weber WSM's
2 - 22" kettles
6x12 Haulmark Trailer
Pig Headed is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #34
westcafe
Found some matches.

Default Me too

Just got a new card in the mail from my bank with a letter stating that my account was compromised. We were at RD 3 times during that time frame. No charges have been made though. Thank god!

Unread 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #35
Bentley
Babbling Farker

Man do I feel lucky last charge was 11/22/11...None during the time period, hope they got the dates right!
Certified Master Judge #5382

What is best in life? "To crush your BBQ opponents, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #36
hav
is one Smokin' Farker

They got mine too, I feel bad however, because I blamed another merchant.

Although I had purchased at RD in during that time, my charge was only about $30 bucks. Citibank caught the the account after they had cloned the card and charged $190 bucks at a Target in another state. When they tried to charge another $190 bucks, they stopped it and called me.
14" Table Top Kettle Grill; Turkey Fryer; [B][I][COLOR=red]Rapid-Fire-Red[/COLOR][/I][/B] Thermapen!; [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][I]Mini, Small, Medium & Large BGE![/I][/B][/COLOR]
hav is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2011, 07:49 AM   #37
thull
On the road to being a farker

I got the call last night from my Visa provider. Someone attempted to use my card in Tampa. Not sure if I'd gotten any notice before that- most stuff coming from the CC company looks promotional and gets tossed, and I didn't get anything from RD.

Not that big a deal, except for the couple days that I'll wait to get a new card. This is one thing that my credit card providers are good at. I just turned Amex loose on AT&T b/c I ordered and returned a replacement DSL modem separate from my service acct (in my wife's name). It turned out I just needed a power cord. AT&T was completely unable to find the order or the return to figure out why I didn't get the credit.
thull is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #38
Fat Freddy
is one Smokin' Farker

This is happening at other businesses too.

On a news channel up here just the other day there was a story about a pizza restaurant that had their customer credit cards hacked. Once this pizza place found it they upgraded to a more secure system but this wasnt done until after they discovered it.

I am not understanding why these businesses are not with much more secure systems to start with.
Fat Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2011, 12:32 PM   #39
Tritonman
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hav View Post
They got mine too, I feel bad however, because I blamed another merchant.

Although I had purchased at RD in during that time, my charge was only about $30 bucks. Citibank caught the the account after they had cloned the card and charged $190 bucks at a Target in another state. When they tried to charge another $190 bucks, they stopped it and called me.
Yep...they got me too. I was blaming my wife for inadvertently giving it out somewhere. Guess I'll have my crow with salt & pepper.

Citibank called about 2 weeks ago. Said a test charge came thru, then an immediate charge to a place in Great Britain. They denied both, called us, and re-issued cards. We just got the new ones 3-4 days ago. How do we sign up for the 1 year of credit protection?
Tritonman is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-08-2011, 04:46 PM   #40
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

Finally got our letter today.

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #41
gtr
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 2

I'm a day pass customer. I thought I hadn't been there during the time frame, then I got a call from Chase about some fraudulent charges and remembered "oh yeah, the pork bellies..."

I have a couple transactions with PayPal on that card that are "completed" but not "paid" - both PayPal and Chase customer service seem to have a hard time with the concept of letting those go through and disallowing everything else. They didn't seem to write a script for that at either call center.
50" Klose BYC, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Jumbo Old Smokey, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
SPFP
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #42
nthole
Babbling Farker

Just catching up on this. I use the KCBS number when I shop there. I got no letter, but I did get a call from the bank last week on a $1.25 charge in Louisiana trying to go through that they felt was suspicious. They denied it, cancelled and sent me a new card. Mother farkers.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2012, 03:25 PM   #43
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

Hi All,
Anyone have any recent issues with this?
Last time I used my AMEX was at RD locally a in January.
Got a call from AMEX today that someone has made 2 small purchases with my card in Florida.
I was just at RD today and used my debit card. CRUD!
Bubba-Keg
"New" 2000 Traeger BBQ100
KCBS 54236, Certified KCBS judge
Certified MOINK Baller
Super-Fast, Super-Non Stealthy ORANGE Themapen

Last edited by speedrcer1; 04-28-2012 at 05:32 PM..
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-28-2012, 05:28 PM   #44
whskyrnnr322
Got Wood.

I used my debit card there during that period. Not too long after that the card was denied while I was at a Subway. I called the bank and they had froze my account because someone in Switzerland was trying to charge 550.00 worth of plane tickets. I wonder if it is connected.

[FONT=Book Antiqua][B]PCC 24 x 72 Mobile Unit[/B][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]22.5" WSM[/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Weber Kettle[/FONT][/B]
whskyrnnr322 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Unread 04-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #45
Porky Joes
Full Fledged Farker

I just joined Restaurant Depot two weeks ago so hopefully thing will be ok for me.
Porky Joes is offline   Reply With Quote