The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Unread 10-12-2011, 11:29 AM   #46
Jeff_in_KC
somebody shut me the fark up.

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthole View Post
Save the YouTube video, download a copy of the website with the advertised payouts and save the score sheet that shows where you placed, indicating how much you 'donated'?
I guess that is documentation! LOL! I would just wonder if the IRS would look at you funny and say "Really?"
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #47
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

I have no clue if it's legal, but how many teams that are owed money would be willing to accept a 1099 in lieu of payment?

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!!!

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-12-2011, 12:42 PM   #48
nthole
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
I have no clue if it's legal, but how many teams that are owed money would be willing to accept a 1099 in lieu of payment?
I'd bet quite a few. I had originally thought of donating the money back to the charity if we won anything. When it became a cluster I was less anxious to hand them a check back. At this point I doubt I'll ever see it anyway. It's not like I'm strapped for cash, but heck, if I can use it as a deduction at the end of the year since that's essentially what happened to it I don't think that's out of line.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barbecue, Barbeque, bbq, contest, St Louis